Register

Galaxy Nexus Drain & Charging Issue / Temporary Solution

This is a discussion on Galaxy Nexus Drain & Charging Issue / Temporary Solution within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hi Guys. I know this issue has been discussed quite a bit and after much reading and analysis, I figured I would just post my ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cnp112

Thread: Galaxy Nexus Drain & Charging Issue / Temporary Solution

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Galaxy Nexus Drain & Charging Issue / Temporary Solution

Hi Guys. I know this issue has been discussed quite a bit and after much reading and analysis, I figured I would just post my particular issue as I dont know if I have seen this particular issue / temporary solution.

PROBLEM
    -- battery drains even when phone is not in use at about 15 % per hour
    -- GSAM and [ SETTINGS > BATTERY ] both "think" the phone is charging even when it is not (this prevents any analysis while problem is occurring)
    -- computer gives a "device not recognized" type of error when connected to computer but the battery still charges

OCCURS EVEN AFTER EACH OF THE FOLLOWING
    -- gps off / lte off / screen brightness at 30% / good to great phone signal area
    -- purchase of phone (bought used a week ago)
    -- factory reset to 4.04
    -- verizon ota update to jellybean
    -- verizon ota update for ???

DOES NOT OCCUR AFTER A BATTERY PULL
    -- but immediately surfaces after the phone is connected and then disconnected from a charger even if only for a short while
    -- and will continue to occur until the next battery pull
    -- after i perform a battery pull...i can usually get about 2.75 hours to 3 hours of SCREEN ON time...

I have heard a USB port replacement has worked for some. I have also read that it is in fact a motherboard issue and the USB port replacement will not help.

Any direction would be helpful.

The phone was manufactured on 2011-11-26 and is out of warranty.
    Last edited by cnp112; 03-29-2013 at 08:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Think you need to know for sure you are not using a faulty battery. Also it can be any of the two causing the issue. Have u calibrated your battery to give you a better idea of the drain on your battery. Try taking it apart by unscrewing the 6 screws and clean it and make sure there's no grit or built up moisture causing corrosion within the port etc.. Sometimes several attempts does the trick!! I have had troubles myself and my good friend from my repair store goes through this process before any replacements and has had lots of results!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks smiley...i will definitely try that approach and provide an update when possible...

in regards to a faulty battery...i dont think it could be the problem...the battery does hold a charge and will provide on average about 2.5 hours of screen time...sometimes 3 to 3.25 hours...(keep in mind...this is the CDMA version)...just so long as i perform a battery pull...once i connect and un-connect the charger...it's all downhill from there...at least until i perform another battery pull...
    smileyanz likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Perhaps you just need a factory reset.
    There is an article on android central. Com that addresses this very issue....
    You're not the only one..

http://m.androidcentral.com/getting-...-factory-reset
    Last edited by Rasa; 03-28-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    Free 5.5 GB's of Ubuntu One Cloud Storage if you sign up by using my link.
    (Up to 20 GB's free with invites).

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    rasa...i have already done a factory reset...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    54 times
    Sorry mate, musta missed that part.
    My bad. :/

I read on the Verizon site/forum that some people having these problems were being sent a new device by Verizon. Maybe try calling and seeing what they say?
    Sorry if you already did that and. I. Missed it too. Lol

Good luck man

Swyped from my Galaxy Nexus
    Free 5.5 GB's of Ubuntu One Cloud Storage if you sign up by using my link.
    (Up to 20 GB's free with invites).

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    haha...no problem...i havent called verizon but only because i am out of warranty (as already stated...)...i was just curious if someone has come across the same symptoms / temporary solution as i have...and maybe they have found a more permanent one...

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cnp112 View Post
    thanks smiley...i will definitely try that approach and provide an update when possible...

in regards to a faulty battery...i dont think it could be the problem...the battery does hold a charge and will provide on average about 2.5 hours of screen time...sometimes 3 to 3.25 hours...(keep in mind...this is the CDMA version)...just so long as i perform a battery pull...once i connect and un-connect the charger...it's all downhill from there...at least until i perform another battery pull...
    I think if we can combat these probs or at least try then others mite just help themselves a little more and save some pennies in there pockets. Be interesting to hear from u my friend, good luck!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thats probably not a bad idea smiley...

i will try and visit a verizon store over the weekend and test one of their batteries...hopefully the solution is as simple as that...man that would be nice...

i will also have to get my hands on a tiny screwdriver to get the screws out to clean the internals...

Remove Ads

Ads