Register

help, i cant wipe anything, everything comes back to the same state after reboot.

This is a discussion on help, i cant wipe anything, everything comes back to the same state after reboot. within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; hi. my galaxy nexus is almost dead.. eveything started a few days ago, i let the phone charging during the night and when i woke ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: help, i cant wipe anything, everything comes back to the same state after reboot.

Milky Way
    Member #

help, i cant wipe anything, everything comes back to the same state after reboot.

hi.

my galaxy nexus is almost dead.. eveything started a few days ago, i let the phone charging during the night and when i woke up and pressed the power button there it was a message asking me for a password "data decrypt password" , the weird thing is that i never activated encryption!! i tried using my "pin" as my password but it didnt work. Then i went to recovery (TWRP 2.3) and tried wiping cache, etc, then i rebooted the phone and the message for decrypt wasnt there anymore, but the phone rebooted like 2 seconds after loading the OS. (i was using bixie deodexed 4.2.2 rom)

then i tried to flash a new rom (4.1.2 stock) with wugfresh toolkit, it did everything right, no error messages, but when it finished flashing the rom and rebooted the phone loaded the same OS (bigxie 4.2.2)and rebooted 2 second after loading. (i cant do anything inside the os). then i wiped internal storage, data, etc, but after i reboot the phone, go to recovery again and all my files are still there.

after that i tried with fastboot.. fastboot erase system, fastboot erase userdata, etc and i flashed a rom from fastboot, it did everything ok, but then i rebooted the phone and the same story, it is like after i reboot the phone the internal memory goes back to the same state, every change i do dissapear after a reboot.

also tried e2fsck, mke2fs from adb, but nothing..same story with odin , it flashed a rom without any error, but after the reboot the rom i flashed never came up, just the same 4.2.2, my files, etc.

is like having a bricked phone, i still can go to fastboot mode, adb, recovery , etc, but i cant use the OS that still loads because it reboots after a few seconds and i can't flash another rom or wipe anything because after a reboot everything comes back to the same state

is there a solution for this? someone with the same issue ? or im screwed ? i think the internal storage is done..

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Odin - [ODIN][ROM][ICL53F][FACTORY] Full Factory ODIN restore 4.0.2 with radios - unrooted - xda-developers

That link is to the Verizon version, but you can find the software version for your carrier.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    Odin - [ODIN][ROM][ICL53F][FACTORY] Full Factory ODIN restore 4.0.2 with radios - unrooted - xda-developers

That link is to the Verizon version, but you can find the software version for your carrier.
    i already tried odin, but it did not work anyway, maybe i should try with a ICS image..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    What was the error that Odin put out? Odin wipes everything so is it even connecting?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    BayouFlyFisher likes this.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    I think, assuming you were able to get Odin to connect, you should really look hard at whether you had a good download and whether you followed the Odin instructions "to a letter".

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    i dont have any error with odin, everything works fine and at the end it says "success", but when the phone reboots, its like everything that were wiped or writed in the phone storage dissapear and comes back to the same state from where i started. when the phone reboots every change made by odin, fastboot, wugfresh toolkit , etc disappear.

i know it's weird because the phone is supossed to delete everything when you flash from odin or fastboot, and i think it does bucause i dont get any error and it takes a while flashing the roms, but the issue comes when it's done and the phone has to reboot, everything comes back to the same. the new os i just installed never show up and from recovery i can still browse my old files in the internal storage (even after i deleted all of them from fastboot or TWRP).
    Last edited by rodmc; 03-20-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    What computer system/version are you using? What carrier is your phone? What version of Odin are you using? What file did you download and flash through Odin?
    Baton Rouge, LA

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Assuming that your phone has been encrypted, here is what has worked for others:

1. Odin back to stock (make double sure you have the right Odin files for your phone/carrier)
    2. Boot into recovery immediately when Odin is finished
    3. Factory reset from recovery
    Baton Rouge, LA

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    If you are already using Wit's Toolkit, why not just flash back to stock and relock and start over? I've had to do that twice to my Nexus7 when I couldn't do anything else. In your current situation it surely can't hurt to try since it would automatically download, verify download and flash back to factory.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    You need to try Odin over and over. I've read of plenty of folks that had failure after failure before it finally worked. Keep trying.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Baton Rouge, LA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads