Register

help, i cant wipe anything, everything comes back to the same state after reboot.

This is a discussion on help, i cant wipe anything, everything comes back to the same state after reboot. within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; thanks guys, i will keep trying with odin, can you recommend any files that may work? the version i used is odin3 v1.87. i followed ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: help, i cant wipe anything, everything comes back to the same state after reboot.

Milky Way
    Member #
    thanks guys, i will keep trying with odin, can you recommend any files that may work?

the version i used is odin3 v1.87.

i followed and used the files availables in this post: [ODIN] Flash Stock Jelly Bean JRO03C 4.1.1 via Odin Flasher - xda-developers

everything worked but when the phone rebooted, the same old OS loaded, rebooted, i went to recovery and did a full wipe but nothing, after rebooting is all the same over and over again.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    If you are already using Wit's Toolkit, why not just flash back to stock and relock and start over? I've had to do that twice to my Nexus7 when I couldn't do anything else. In your current situation it surely can't hurt to try since it would automatically download, verify download and flash back to factory.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    i already used a toolkit (wugfresh) , tried to go back to stock, relock, etc (i dont get any error at all).. but after i reboot the phone is like i never did anything.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Well, I think you have an encrypted phone or the partitions have been corrupted and are now "read only". I found one thread that is dealing with your issue, for the most part, and the only solution turned out to send the phone back to Samsung and have them fix it. Here's the thread: http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/foru...urn-stock.html

Good luck
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    Well, I think you have an encrypted phone or the partitions have been corrupted and are now "read only". I found one thread that is dealing with your issue, for the most part, and the only solution turned out to send the phone back to Samsung and have them fix it. Here's the thread: http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/foru...urn-stock.html

Good luck
    it seems he had the same problem.. but what i dont want to do is send the phone to a samsung technical service , because im out of warranty and i think it may be more expensive to fix it than buy another.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Hi, strange one and how annoying. Have you tried formating everything without recovery etc..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyanz View Post
    Hi, strange one and how annoying. Have you tried formating everything without recovery etc..

yes, i think ive tried all the known solutions, toolkits, fatboot, odin, adb, etc..

i took a screenshoot of my list of partitions:

A1particiones.jpg

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times
    Looks like a virus but very doubtful it is, I haven't come across it before, what a pain my friend. Don't give up yet will you. Its as if its caching continually, wonder what would happen if you tried to load a ROM which is not ment for it. A bit of mad psychology for it to get out of that loop!! Just scratching my bonce and thinking out loud. I'll ask around!!!

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyanz View Post
    Looks like a virus but very doubtful it is, I haven't come across it before, what a pain my friend. Don't give up yet will you. Its as if its caching continually, wonder what would happen if you tried to load a ROM which is not ment for it. A bit of mad psychology for it to get out of that loop!! Just scratching my bonce and thinking out loud. I'll ask around!!!

thanks, there are a lot of things to try yet, i haven't had much time to do it.. i wish somebody knew what kind of issue is this, im still thinking it could he a hardware problem without solution, but then again it could be other thing...

the way everything started was like something caused by a virus, because the phone asking for a password to decrypt data when i never activated that option is totally weird.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    i gonna try it, but i don't think it could make any difference, considering fastboot, odin, etc didn't worked, if im not wrong all toolkits basically do the same job that fastboot flash does but with a friendly interface for users who doesnt know how to use the console commands.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads