Register

Nexus not accepting a charge--help?

This is a discussion on Nexus not accepting a charge--help? within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; My Galaxy Nexus won't take a charge. I've done multiple hard reboots, have tried all different cords in different outlets and in the laptop, and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bhfd64

Thread: Nexus not accepting a charge--help?

Milky Way
    Member #

Nexus not accepting a charge--help?

My Galaxy Nexus won't take a charge. I've done multiple hard reboots, have tried all different cords in different outlets and in the laptop, and it looks like it's charging... the lightening bolt is in the battery... but it's not charging at all. My husband has the same phone and he charged his battery and let me use it so I can back up my phone. I have it plugged into the laptop to back up and that's working, I can transfer data no problem, but it's still not taking a charge. I read some other posts about cleaning out the port and adjusting the male portion inside the port and I've done both of those but it didn't make a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice for me? Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    439 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm not a technician, so I need to ask you to hold on for awhile until one of our more knowledgeable people can swing by and give you a hand with the problem.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v7.1.0 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    UltraDroid likes this.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    I did, unfortunately it didn't help me.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times

Re: Nexus not accepting a charge--help?

Really does look as if something from the port has been dislodged or in someway become moist and corroded!! You have tried charging your battery in another phone have you!! Have you tried connecting in and out and slightly moving the lead around and also in and out quickly for a number of times!! Are you insured!! My hardware store in my area have often had to several times taken the phone apart and reassembled for any positive results, and half the time new parts have not been needed!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyanz View Post
    Really does look as if something from the port has been dislodged or in someway become moist and corroded!! You have tried charging your battery in another phone have you!! Have you tried connecting in and out and slightly moving the lead around and also in and out quickly for a number of times!! Are you insured!! My hardware store in my area have often had to several times taken the phone apart and reassembled for any positive results, and half the time new parts have not been needed!!
    Yes, I've charged my battery in another phone, no problem. Yes, I've also tried moving the lead around slightly and have connected and disconnected from power cords many times. I am insured, I just hate calling Verizon customer service because the first thing they always want me to do is factory reset my phone and that's such a PITA. Was hoping someone else had similar problems and there was a good fix before I have to call and deal with them. And the people at my local store are salespeople, they don't seem to have a technician on staff there. :/

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times

Re: Nexus not accepting a charge--help?

Feel for ya, know the feeling . I also had one stolen which was better for me coz I just had to pay the 20.00 up front!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CreateBeautyDaily View Post
    Yes, I've charged my battery in another phone, no problem. Yes, I've also tried moving the lead around slightly and have connected and disconnected from power cords many times. I am insured, I just hate calling Verizon customer service because the first thing they always want me to do is factory reset my phone and that's such a PITA. Was hoping someone else had similar problems and there was a good fix before I have to call and deal with them. And the people at my local store are salespeople, they don't seem to have a technician on staff there. :/
    I had a similar issue with my GNex and had to have the phone replaced. I never found anything that would work. I did the port manipulation thing and I cleaned the various parts with an eraser and methanol in an attempt to remove some unseen corrosion. Nothing worked. CLN phone has worked 100% great from it's arrival.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouFlyFisher View Post
    I had a similar issue with my GNex and had to have the phone replaced. I never found anything that would work. I did the port manipulation thing and I cleaned the various parts with an eraser and methanol in an attempt to remove some unseen corrosion. Nothing worked. CLN phone has worked 100% great from it's arrival.
    Good to know, thanks!

Remove Ads

Ads