Register

Wifi Authentication Issue

This is a discussion on Wifi Authentication Issue within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Ok so I've had this problem with work router since day one and till date have found no solution. Basically unable to connect to work ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Wifi Authentication Issue

Ok so I've had this problem with work router since day one and till date have found no solution. Basically unable to connect to work wifi. I type the password in and try and connect and it basically goes into this auntentication loop thing and eventually ends up showing saved but wont allow me to connect.

I have tried using a static IP address but without success. Also tried wifi fix app again without success. When I go into advance the IP Address is "Unavailable". Im really not sure what to do anymore. My only thought is perhaps I'm not doing the static IP address thing correctly so please feel free to explain how to do it properly. Other than that not sure whats going on. All my other phones connect to this network without any issue...

Another guy explained his issue which appears to be similar so I'll post that here:
    I am trying to get my new Gnex connected to the work wifi. Unfortunately, it is failing during the authentication process. LogCat is showing this:

Code:
    ( 2987): wlan0: Trying to associate with 00:22:55:f3:42:40 (SSID='SDI-wireless' freq=2432 MHz) I/wpa_supplicant( 2987): wlan0: Associated with 00:22:55:f3:42:40 W/wpa_supplicant( 2987): wlan0: WPA: Failed to set PTK to the driver (alg=2 keylen=32 bssid=00:22:55:f3:42:40) I/wpa_supplicant( 2987): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=00:00:00:00:00:00 reason=0 D/dalvikvm
    I get the same problem on 4.0.4 and 4.1.1. I believe the problem is specific to this router, as my home router works fine. Also, my NexusOne has no problems connecting to the router with the same settings. I have noticed that the displayed signal strength drops to almost nothing during authentication, but I am not sure this means anything since it does the same thing with my home router.

From some googling, I have determined that PTK is some sort of handshake process, but no enlightenment on how to fix the problem. "

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

cheers

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Anyone...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Wifi Authentication Issue

I can only imagine it has to do with a setting at your office. I have never had a problem connecting my gnex to an wifi. Talk to you IT folks.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Remove Ads

Ads