Register

Plugged in but not charging.

This is a discussion on Plugged in but not charging. within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; My phone is only 6 weeks old and has worked well to date. Last night I plugged it in but when I woke up this ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #

Plugged in but not charging.

My phone is only 6 weeks old and has worked well to date. Last night I plugged it in but when I woke up this morning it was discharging and on 4%. It died shortly after and still won't charge. I'm trying not to panic... but I really need it! Suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Twitter
    karmasyde

Re: Plugged in but not charging.

Make sure there is nothing in the charger port...sometimes stray pocket particles stop contact from being made

Swyped from my sourcerized Lte Gnex via tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks! That's a good idea but doesn't appear to be the problem though.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

My battery stopped charging when my phone was on.. Needed to relearn or something..

What I did was turn phone off and plugged it in a few times till it started charging.. Then when it was charging it turned phone on..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    I have the same problem and my phone won't charge the battery in any state, while it is on or off, plugged to a computer, or to a power supply, whether the original from Samsung or another one.
    The only way I can charge the battery it to use my wife's phone, she has the same model. I keep swapping batteries between mine and hers phone. Both batteries work fine in her phone, and also my charger works with her phone. This proves that this is neither a battery issue or a power supply issue.
    Needless to say I have tried with four different USB cables, I doubt it is a mini-USB port contact problem, as this has started all of a sudden while the telephone was still plugged to a power supply.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My phone is about the same age and I noticed a problem on some days...It seemed t he USB cable was not really staying attached tightly to the phone. I was thinking of seeing if theyd send me a new one...

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times

I had this issue and was told there was water ingress in the usb socket, but ive been no ware near water.. I got charged 100 to replace the usb port and have had no issue since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2
    Galaxy Nexus i9250 - stock
    Motorola Xoom wifi - Rooted - Recovery:TWRP Rom: EOS3 nightly 155
    Sony smart watch

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaforcinnamon View Post
    My phone is only 6 weeks old and has worked well to date. Last night I plugged it in but when I woke up this morning it was discharging and on 4%. It died shortly after and still won't charge. I'm trying not to panic... but I really need it! Suggestions?
    I know that this is a bit old but I recently had the same (similar) problem.

My phone would be plugged in, charge icon being displayed, but the phone would not charge, or it will continue to discharge. This was very disconcerting especially since I travel.
    I would try different AC adapters and the problem persisted. It wasn't until I inadvertently fixed it in my hotel room with a different cable. Last night while watching TV I tried different combinations that convinced me the cable (my original Samsung part) was the problem.

So put that in your bag of tricks.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7a View Post
    I know that this is a bit old but I recently had the same (similar) problem.

My phone would be plugged in, charge icon being displayed, but the phone would not charge, or it will continue to discharge. This was very disconcerting especially since I travel.
    I would try different AC adapters and the problem persisted. It wasn't until I inadvertently fixed it in my hotel room with a different cable. Last night while watching TV I tried different combinations that convinced me the cable (my original Samsung part) was the problem.

So put that in your bag of tricks.
    I had this problem with a laptop. It also got fixed when I bought a new adapter cable.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Been having the same problem both with home charger and at work with a USB adapter off of my PC. Only thing that is consistently working is to unplug the phone, power down the phone, wait a bit, then plug in and start charging again. Charging always starts when I do this. But what a pain. I do not believe it is a plug or cord problem, since happens both at work and at home.

Anybody else having this problem or found a permanent fix?

Ads