Register

Adding A Home Page

This is a discussion on Adding A Home Page within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hello Everyone, I've learned SO much from all of you that has helped me get the most out of my fairly new Nexus. I'm hoping ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Springwolf

Thread: Adding A Home Page

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Adding A Home Page

Hello Everyone,

I've learned SO much from all of you that has helped me get the most out of my fairly new Nexus. I'm hoping you can help me once more with a little customization.

My phone is basically stock. Which is fine for what I do and use it for. It came with the 4 'home' screens (the main page, the one to the left and the two to the right.) What if I want to add another home screen for my fav. apps? I'm sort of an over organizer so I use each screen for certain things. And I don't use all the space on the screen to make it easier for me to swipe between streens without starting up an app I didn't want to start up (I did this frequently the first week and this was my solution). I keep at least 1 row of the screen free so I can swipe here and there. Which means, I want to add another 'home' screen for items I use regularly. Is there a way to do this?

And while we're at it..what are the icons for on the bottom of the screen to the left of the homepage? I get the wifi, blue tooth and brightness on the right. But what are the other two and do they have to be there? Can I get rid of this little tool bar all together?

Thank you all for the help. I'm having a great time with my little phone and really is because of you guys!
    ~ Spring

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    537 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    I would try one of the launcher apps. Nova Launcher and the others all allow up to 7 screens that can be changed in the app settings.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    Wait, just to be sure. The default number of homescreens is 5. The main, 2 on the left and 2 on the right. How come you only have 4? Could you please check?

What you see on the left screen at the bottom is the power widget. It's Wifi on/off, Bluetooth on/off, GPS on/off, Autosync on/off, and Auto brightness on/off
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Wait, just to be sure. The default number of homescreens is 5. The main, 2 on the left and 2 on the right. How come you only have 4? Could you please check?

What you see on the left screen at the bottom is the power widget. It's Wifi on/off, Bluetooth on/off, GPS on/off, Autosync on/off, and Auto brightness on/off
    Took me long enough to get back and check the responses. Thank you both for your answers. Why do I only have 4? Because I can't count. ;-) Actually I read your reply and went to check on my phone. I don't think I swiped enough to see the other page. So yep I do have 5. And it's come in very handy. Thank you!

As for the buttons on the bottom of the phone. THANK YOU! The GPS and AutoSync were the ones I couldn't figure out. But now that you've said that..they make a whole lot more since.
    ~ Spring

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    I would try one of the launcher apps. Nova Launcher and the others all allow up to 7 screens that can be changed in the app settings.
    Thank you..I'm off to investigate what launchers are and what they do.
    doubleblackD likes this.
    ~ Spring

Ads