Register

My Nexus won`t boot after getting a update this morning!?! please help!

This is a discussion on My Nexus won`t boot after getting a update this morning!?! please help! within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hi! I`m new here se correct me if I did anything wrong, I bought my Sgalaxy Nexus about a week back, It came with Ice ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

My Nexus won`t boot after getting a update this morning!?! please help!

Hi! I`m new here se correct me if I did anything wrong,

I bought my Sgalaxy Nexus about a week back, It came with Ice Cream Sandwich ( 4.0.4 ), And it worked fine, only when I powered it off, then on, it would boot up for ages, really like after 3 hours it finaly did work again, now this morning a new kind of message ""Bleep"" woke me up, I opened it and I saw I had an update waiting! having heard the cool stuff about Jellybeans, I immediately installed it, and after the installation was succesfull, I booted it up again, and it booted for really long, then I needed to insert my pin, & password, I got in on my homescreen, saw the grey googlevoice searchbar ( So I know this was Jellybeans!) then It automatically got in the booting screen again ( The four colours) and since then It has not booted, I tried everything!pulling the battery, going through the recoverymode and trying to start from there, nothing worked, I was pretty exited knowing that Samsung was always very late with updating goole devices, so can anyone please help me?!?!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, on yukyawx (or something) and it just doesn`t want to boot.

If there is a way to back-up al my apps, and data? so I can do a full system wipe?

PS sorry for the long post, but I am really desperate, I need this phone running, it has a lot of important data on it!

Thanks,

2. # ADS
    Ads

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    As far as backing up your data, has the phone made it through the boot screen? Are you rooted? If not, it may be difficult.
    -Arborij

CDMA Galaxy Nexus
    JBSourcery v. 2.2.4
    KernelSanders 3.0.41
    Well, for today anyway

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    How long were you on the boot screen? With JB it could take as long as 10 minutes to boot up. it might be difficult to save your data if you can not boot up. Before trying data reset, try clearing your cache.

1) Pull battery and then reinsert.
    2) Boot into bootloader by holding down volume up & down + power button.
    3) Navigate to recovery using volume buttons and select recovery with power button.
    4) You should now see android on it's back with red triangle. Press and hold power and volume up.
    5) You should now see recovery menu. Use volume buttons to navigate to wipe cache partition. When that's done go to reboot system.
    6) The first reboot could take a long time so be patient. Could be as long as 10 minutes.

If this method fails then you will have to do a factory data reset. Same location in recovery but choose wipe data/ factory reset. Unfortunately your data will be lost at this point.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thank You!
    I`m trying the wipe system cache now!, I hope it will boot, last time it took around 3 hours for it to boot, so fingers crossed!

@Arborij
    No I didn`t do anything with my phone after I Recieved it from the store.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Sigh, nothing, I wiped my cache, then booted, but it is stiill stuck.
    So I guess i`m gonna need to do a factory reset/wipe? that would suck, and I will make sure Samsung hears something about that!
    I really love this phone, but this is really a annoying problem.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Sooo...
    I think before I wipe my phone I will first contact Samsung and my provider, and go past the Phonehouse (A shop in Holland that specializes in telephone problems and fixes them for free!) With a bit of luck I can keep my data, if not I want to swap it for a factory installed JB (if possible), I`ll keep you updated if I find or hear anything, meanwhile Thanks for the Help!

Greetingz, Trouble.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    Let us know what they say....and what happened to your phone

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Suggestion - call the Google Nexus Support guys in the USA: 855-836-3987.

Tell them what happened, and see if they can help. They're VERY helpful people.

Be sure to tell them that "only when I powered it off, then on, it would boot up for ages, really like after 3 hours it finaly did work again, "

That is not normal - maybe they'll have a fix, but even if you do get it going again, I think they should replace it.

If the Google support guys can't help, they'll transfer you to Samsung, but if you're in Holland, you probably need to talk to Samsung there.
    Question though - the Nexus isn't sold in Holland, is it? I thought it was US only? If you bought it in Holland, they should not only help you get it going, but replace it with a phone that works properly.

----------------------------------------

I know too little to be useful here, but if your phone is taking hours to boot up, something seems to be defective. The longest I've ever waited was a few minutes. Even the upgrade to JB took a very short time.

Milky Way
    Member #
    @MikeMyers, Thanks for the info!
    And I am going to call Samsung tommorow in Holland, But I noticed something strange, I was outside talking to some friends, and I put my phone on the table, then it got out of the bootloop! so I was very excited! I pressed in my password cycled through 1 tab to check my properties, AAANND it got back in the bootloop :"(, anyway later this night it happened a couple of more times, so I figured maybe it only bootloops when i`m in range of my wifi?!?! so I went very far away from my house and when it got out of the bootloop i turned off my wifi, in my properties, but to no avail, it got in a bootloop again shortly after, but it is strange that once I was out of range of my house, It got out of the bootloop around 5 times.. .. anyone a idea on this? next to my wifi I can`t figure that one out.....

Milky Way
    Member #
    Okay, so know I am back in my bed and my phone got out of bootloop 2 times withing 45 minutes :S, only I have around 7 seconds before it goes back in a bootloop..
    Next time it does that I will quickly open it on my laptop and try to make a copy of everything in my Galaxy nexus map, ( Question, Does that count as a backup???) if yes, I think I would try a System wipe, so would that work??

Ads