Register

Phone stuck in boot loop

This is a discussion on Phone stuck in boot loop within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I will tell the story in full so bare with me, I rooted my phone using nexus root toolkit to install six axis controller...no problems ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paul_gyver

Thread: Phone stuck in boot loop

Milky Way
    Member #

Phone stuck in boot loop

I will tell the story in full so bare with me, I rooted my phone using nexus root toolkit to install six axis controller...no problems phone has worked fine since. Today i saw on google+ that someone had modded their lock icon and thought it looked cool so attempted it myself at work using metamorph, when my phone re booted it was stuck in boot loop, i wasnt happy but thought i will just recover it when i get home using root toolkit, so got home fired up root toolkit but it wouldnt come out of search for adb, so i unpplugged phone and pulled battery (regretting that now maybe i should of been more patient) anyhow now the phone is stuck at the screen as follows top left in red odin mode Start in a green arrow at top android figure in middle below him in white downloading below that in green do not turn off target then some device info below that in white. If i press power button which the green arrow is pointing to it goes into boot loop....???? I know im a noob but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Looks like you were in download mode. Pull battery and re-insert. Push and hold volume up & down + power. You will be in the bootloader. Use the volume buttons to navigate to recovery. You should now be in CWM recovery. Wipe data, cache, dalvik and system (in mounts and storage). Flash a backup or a downloaded rom that you have on your phone. You should be good to go.
    markyboy6969 likes this.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I dont mind losing anything on my phone everything is backed up on clouds, just want to get it working again. I have managed to get into boot loader mode and now at recovery mode, not sure about the flahing comments above so dont want to go any further and risking bricking my phone, could you explain further... sorry for being a noob

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    When you are in recovery, this where you flash roms, make back-ups. Before you do anything like that you need to wipe things that were left over from the last thing that you did. Wiping cache, dalvik, and system (will not touch your sd contents but don't wipe sd partition). After wiping the above, you need to flash a rom or a back up that you hopefully made to start fresh. You can go to install zip>choose zip and scroll to where you have a rom or backup.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    preesed recovery mode got a little android on his back with red triangle after a while phone went back to nexus icon....??? boot loop ???

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    No that means you actually do not have custom recovery installed on your phone. That is stock recovery. You should try going back to the tool kit you used to root your phone and install custom recovery. The other option is to get back to stock if there is that option in that tool kit and just start over.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Tried flash stock recovery, says cannot locate adb???

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Is there a flash custom recovery? Flashing stock recovery is not what you want at this point. If you can not flash custom recovery it might be better to flash stock image and start fresh.

Remove Ads

Ads