Register

Peculiar battery issues

This is a discussion on Peculiar battery issues within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hi I know there are quite a few battery related posts, but I wanted to describe my problems in a bit of detail because none ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #

Peculiar battery issues

Hi

I know there are quite a few battery related posts, but I wanted to describe my problems in a bit of detail because none of the other threads I've found quite match what I'm experiencing.

I have had a Galaxy Nexus for a few months (3 or 4). For the first few months it worked perfectly (although the battery was never excellent).

A couple of weeks ago I started having battery problems. Sometimes, the phone shows as charging even when it's not plugged in and I'm on a train or whatever. Then all of a sudden it may stop showing that message and behave normally. Sometimes it will not charge when the phone is switched on. Today, it is plugged into a wall charger and it showing 'connect your charger'. It's been like that since last night. When I went to bed, it was around 7% so I switched it off and left it to charge overnight. I woke up this morning and it's at 3%, no charge been taken. It's like it IS charging when it's switched on, but very very slowly. Normally, if it was at 2% (as it is right now) it's be dead in a few minutes but it's still hanging on.

The battery usage screen shows that the screen display is using most of the battery. I have no apps currently running.

I use a mixture of USB and wall chargers (2 different ones, to test if that was the issue). The chargers also work fine in other phones (Galaxy Ace) so I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the device itself.

Another thing to note is that I didn't encounter these problems before I was asked to update to the latest Android version. After I did that, it worked as normal for a while then these issues started.

Can anyone offer advice?

Many thanks in advance,
    Kevin

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    I'd maybe try a different battery, or a factory data reset as a last resort.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsonk View Post
    Hi

I know there are quite a few battery related posts, but I wanted to describe my problems in a bit of detail because none of the other threads I've found quite match what I'm experiencing.

I have had a Galaxy Nexus for a few months (3 or 4). For the first few months it worked perfectly (although the battery was never excellent).

A couple of weeks ago I started having battery problems. Sometimes, the phone shows as charging even when it's not plugged in and I'm on a train or whatever. Then all of a sudden it may stop showing that message and behave normally. Sometimes it will not charge when the phone is switched on. Today, it is plugged into a wall charger and it showing 'connect your charger'. It's been like that since last night. When I went to bed, it was around 7% so I switched it off and left it to charge overnight. I woke up this morning and it's at 3%, no charge been taken. It's like it IS charging when it's switched on, but very very slowly. Normally, if it was at 2% (as it is right now) it's be dead in a few minutes but it's still hanging on.

The battery usage screen shows that the screen display is using most of the battery. I have no apps currently running.

I use a mixture of USB and wall chargers (2 different ones, to test if that was the issue). The chargers also work fine in other phones (Galaxy Ace) so I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the device itself.

Another thing to note is that I didn't encounter these problems before I was asked to update to the latest Android version. After I did that, it worked as normal for a while then these issues started.

Can anyone offer advice?

Many thanks in advance,
    Kevin

I am having exactly the same problem, and i really dont know what to do because my phone is dead since 6 hours

Ads