Register

VZW GNex Locking on 'radio-cdma' During Un-Root (Mac and PC) Please Assist! Boot Loop

This is a discussion on VZW GNex Locking on 'radio-cdma' During Un-Root (Mac and PC) Please Assist! Boot Loop within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; d1L777 - Thank you for the quick response! Yes, baseband is UNKNOWN. Digging around online I found some adb/fastboot commands for formatting and erasing partitions ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Milky Way
    Member #
    d1L777 - Thank you for the quick response!

Yes, baseband is UNKNOWN.

Digging around online I found some adb/fastboot commands for formatting and erasing partitions on the phone. (ex... fastboot format boot... or... fastboot erase boot) These commands work with boot, bootloader, system, recovery, and userdata. I don't have the permissions to do anything to the radio. I was trying to figure out how to format or erase the radio-cdma partition if possible. However, I have no idea how to do that. I've used Wug's tool and it has a utility to set file permissions... just can't figure out how to access the android 'partitions'. To me it feels like whatever/wherever the radio-cdma.img is flashing to has a problem. Whether it is a hardware problem or a memory partition problem I'm not for sure.

When an image is flashed, what is really happening? What files are being flashed? Where are they going on the phone? Could I use a file manager to browse to specific files and change file permissions to allow the radio-cdma partition to be formatted or erased?

I have a cracked screen from the phone being in my pocket with my keys. I'm concerned b/c this is the first phone I did NOT purchase insurance for. It will be so easy for Verizon or Samsung to say that the problem with the radio is not covered because the phone has the cracked screen.

I am thankful for the experience though. I have learned more about how these boogers work and how to customize them with the multiple tools that are out here free of charge!

Here is what I get when trying to erase the radio partitions... Interesting the different results for the different radios... The CDMA is either 'unreadable' or empty.

C:\Program Files\WugFresh Development\data>fastboot erase boot
    erasing 'boot'...
    OKAY [ 0.014s]
    finished. total time: 0.017s

C:\Program Files\WugFresh Development\data>fastboot erase radio-cdma
    erasing 'radio-cdma'...
    FAILED (remote: Erase Fail)
    finished. total time: 0.015s

C:\Program Files\WugFresh Development\data>fastboot erase radio
    erasing 'radio'...
    FAILED (remote: No Allowance on This Partition)
    finished. total time: 0.021s

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Twitter
    d1l777

VZW GNex Locking on 'radio-cdma' During Un-Root (Mac and PC) Please Assist! Boot Loop

Yea the radio partition is one of the partitions that can't be messed with. I tried formatting and erasing that partition too.

The radio image isn't anything that can be altered with a file manager. The only thing that I haven't seen anyone try is to unpack the boot image, look at what it's checking before writing the radio, and changing it before packing it back up. I don't even know if that would work but it was the last thing I could think of. We literally tried everything else.

With your screen being cracked they aren't going to replace it because of hardware or software faults. They will do anything to avoid it and the cracked screen is the perfect excuse.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

PM with any Questions
    GTalk available upon Request

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by d1L777 View Post
    which odin file are you using, drop me the link and I'll try taking out the radio files for you and uploading the new one for you to try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Do you have this file with the radio-cdma taken out of it? I am having the same exact issue where it is stalling on the radio-cdma step in odin.

If not can someone explain how I can take it out of there? I tried to extract the file and just add the files back to a tar without the radio-cdma file but that doesn't seem to be working either.

Thanks!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

Ads