Register

Nav Bar burn in?

This is a discussion on Nav Bar burn in? within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Had the phone since launch, loved every second of it. As I was watching a full screen video, I can now see a definite line/burn ...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Nav Bar burn in?

Had the phone since launch, loved every second of it. As I was watching a full screen video, I can now see a definite line/burn in effect where the nav bar would normally be. The buttons don't show, but the effect is there for the full width/depth of where the bar normally is. Is anyone else having this problem? 8 months in and I don't want it to get to a horrible level.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Dont spend so much time in menus where is navbar present.

Watch full screen video couple of minutes, it should "burn out" and clean.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    It's strange that you see the nav bar dimming since it is black in color which means the LEDs would be off to create black. Do some searching about AMOLED screens and you'll see what exactly I'm talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by nenadkc View Post
    Watch full screen video couple of minutes, it should "burn out" and clean.
    AMOLED isn't like a CRT or LCD display, technically what he is seeing isn't a "burn in" it is actually the LEDs wearing out, OLEDs have this issue and usually blue subpixels are the first to go dim
    Unlocked GNex, stock ROM for now
    HP Touchpad running CM9

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I just noticed that I'm seeing screen burn-in, myself. I didn't so much notice the nav bar. Rather, my wallpaper is black with just my name and the word "nexus" in white font. When I'm in an app with a solid background, I can definitely see the residual traces of my wallpaper.

Should I be seeking a warranty replacement, or is there something I can do to address this issue?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    @ramunicious

Re: Nav Bar burn in?

I've also had the same gnex since launch day. I definitely have the same issue with the not only the nav bar but also the status bar. I've felt like calling vzw to try and get a replacement but scared to get a pos replacement. This phone has been awesome in every way and hasn't given me any problems whatsoever. Would this problem warrant a replacement? I'm not sure since from all I've read this is a common trait for this type of screen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    I've also read a lot about how AMOLED causes this. It's apparently not screen burn-in the way LCD's and Plasma displays get affected. Ghosting is just a reality of AMOLED.

Before I just accept this, I'd like a really good explanation for why this is the case. I haven't found this yet.

Remove Ads

Ads