Register

Desperate Help Needed

This is a discussion on Desperate Help Needed within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; So I am the proud owner of a shiny, new Galaxy Nexus (GSM). Unlocked the bootloader and installed CWM recovery and was doing great. Today ...

Member #

Desperate Help Needed

So I am the proud owner of a shiny, new Galaxy Nexus (GSM). Unlocked the bootloader and installed CWM recovery and was doing great. Today I decided to install the volume fix. Installed the zip through recovery, completed and rebooted. The phone got stuck in a bootloop over and over and over and over and would not boot Android at all. Did a ton of research here and everywhere and, in a panic, I booted into CWM recovery, reset the cache & did a full factory reset. NOW, the phone will not go past the Google bootscreen with the unlock symbol, no matter what I do. AND, I can't even flash the original google image because I can't get in to set USB debugging so my computer won't even recognize the phone (FYI, I'm on a Mac). I am at a complete loss and don't know what to do. If I could only get the computer to recognize the phone I could flash the original google image through Terminal, but alas, I can't. Any ideas? If I can somehow get this phone back up and running I would be eternally grateful. For now, I think I may be SOL. Thanks....

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Might have better luck w/ a PC, do you have one available?

Member #
    I do.... Windows 7... but how is the computer going to recognize the phone if it won't boot pat the boot screen and I can't access the USB debug setting?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Well Samsung phones can be accessed with the phone off via ADB and Odin on a PC, and files can be pushed that way. I haven't seen if any Odin files are out there for this phone yet, but I'm sure they will be soon enough.

Aquarius
    Member #
    Liked
    507 times
    Can't remember where I saw Odin files, think it was CDS forum

Tapped From The Galaxy

Remove Ads

Ads