Register

Battery wont charge

This is a discussion on Battery wont charge within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I got my Galaxy Nexus for 2 months ago, I did not use it for the last two weeks because I had another phone. Now, ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Question Battery wont charge

I got my Galaxy Nexus for 2 months ago, I did not use it for the last two weeks because I had another phone. Now, my Galaxy battery is completely dead. It wont charge and start neither with usb plug nor with usual charger. My friend got the same phone, he used my battery and it wont charge i his phone neither. His battery however, works in my phone. Any suggestions? My phone was lying on a shelf for 2weeks or so without charge. Please help.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    150 times
    Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Faulty battery maybe? Take it in store and see if they'll swap a battery with you.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Twitter
    karmasyde
    Could also try leaving batt out of phone overnight then trying to charge it again...a friend had that problem with another phone...don't remember what phone it was though
    Swyped from my Lte Gnex via tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #

Thanks

Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I will try to leave the battery out of the phone over night. See what happens. I tried many different things, nothing seems to work. I use this phone for my project at University and the project will be presented in two weeks, so it kinda sucks....

Milky Way
    Member #

It's alive!

Strange things these batteries are....I put the battery out for 24++ as you guys told and when I tried to charge it once more in my GN phone, it didn't work. Then I used my friend's GN and it began charging after 2-3 min. His battery is also charging i mine phone. **** that ****, don't see any logic. Now I can finally continue work on my project. Thanks everyone again.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Twitter
    karmasyde
    Quote Originally Posted by trialbass View Post
    Strange things these batteries are....I put the battery out for 24++ as you guys told and when I tried to charge it once more in my GN phone, it didn't work. Then I used my friend's GN and it began charging after 2-3 min. His battery is also charging i mine phone. **** that ****, don't see any logic. Now I can finally continue work on my project. Thanks everyone again.
    Glad it's working again

Swyped from my Lte Gnex via tapatalk 2

Milky Way
    Member #
    've had my phone since Christmas (I really LOVE my Nexus) however, this is the 3rd time my battery has stopped charging. I've sent my phone away for repair twice already- had the battery replaced, USB port replaced. I have just got the phone back from the repairer recommended by Samsung (it's still under warranty) and it worked for 3 glorious weeks then stopped again.
    I just read this post and tried my daughter's battery (she has the same phone bought on the same day, same store etc) and it's still not charging. I really think there is something else wrong but I don;t know what it is!!
    Can anyone please help me?? I'm feeling very desperate

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Chellee View Post
    've had my phone since Christmas (I really LOVE my Nexus) however, this is the 3rd time my battery has stopped charging. I've sent my phone away for repair twice already- had the battery replaced, USB port replaced. I have just got the phone back from the repairer recommended by Samsung (it's still under warranty) and it worked for 3 glorious weeks then stopped again.
    I just read this post and tried my daughter's battery (she has the same phone bought on the same day, same store etc) and it's still not charging. I really think there is something else wrong but I don;t know what it is!!
    Can anyone please help me?? I'm feeling very desperate
    i have the same problem, my gnexus not charge my batery. I though that it was my charger but with another charger neither.

when i plug my charger to the phone off it shows the charging logo but the phone is dead and don't wake up. what i can do????

Milky Way
    Member #
    Same issue here. I and my wife have two i9250, mine stopped charging its battery a couple of days ago.
    My wife's phone can charge my battery and my power supply can charge her phone, so it is something in the phone itself that has gone wrong (and no, it is not the USB port, as it is still working for data transfers)

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    If you think it's a software issue then I would try:

1) 10 minute battery and sim card pull. Reboot.
    2) Boot into safe mode. This will bypass all downloaded apps to see if that cures it.
    3) Try factory data reset which will wipe everything off your phone to start fresh. Make sure you backup everything before.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Remove Ads

Ads