Register

Why didn't Google Wallet work?

This is a discussion on Why didn't Google Wallet work? within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Originally Posted by tryanchristos well i would say that it is a problem with the payment terminal i.e. the vendor you were trying to purchase ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why didn't Google Wallet work?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tryanchristos View Post
    well i would say that it is a problem with the payment terminal i.e. the vendor you were trying to purchase from. all you need to do is screen on and put the back of you phone on the paypass terminal and it should work. i had a case where mine didnt work cause the terminal was not set up properly. made me look stupid :P
    Must have been the store then. I also thought they might of turned them off since no one probably uses them. But the green light was on.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by con100 View Post
    Must have been the store then. I also thought they might of turned them off since no one probably uses them. But the green light was on.
    i'm no expert on NFC but i know mcdonalds has always worked for me so try it there

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    537 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    Don't worry, you aren't the only one having problems. I've tried to use mine and still haven't been successful. I tried at a McDonald's. I need to try it at the local CVS store instead.

When I tried it, the reader on the PayPass system looked like it got the signal, but now that others have mentioned it, I'm thinking the store didn't have it set up right.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Also there is a pay pass locator app by MasterCard on the market that will show all the places near you that it can be used also if it doesn't work or the store clerk is to stupid to know they need to sometimes press The credit key you can report is as not working via the app directly to MasterCard I tried it twice the second time the app told the clerk to press the credit key and she stood there with a dumb look on her face and says duh its not working but I guess this is to be expected those ppl only make minimum wage for a reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Used it at CVS and it worked perfect. The lady at the register was older and she didn't know what it was. I put my phone up the paypass thing and it went through. She was still telling me that will be so and so. I had to tell her I paid using pay pass and she had to go ask someone what it was and if they took it. Anyway I was the first paypass custermer for her.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Used it at CVS and it worked perfect. The lady at the register was older and she didn't know what it was. I put my phone up the paypass thing and it went through. She was still telling me that will be so and so. I had to tell her I paid using pay pass and she had to go ask someone what it was and if they took it. Anyway I was the first paypass custermer for her.
    Are you rooted? I have stock ROM, but rooted. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it did not work, not that I'm thinking about it, the clerk probably did not hit the credit button on the register. She was still yapping to me about the lady in front of me using the 'Key Chain' app, you should have saw the look on her face when I swiped my phone to pay...lol...too bad it didn't work.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mharmon View Post
    Are you rooted? I have stock ROM, but rooted. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it did not work, not that I'm thinking about it, the clerk probably did not hit the credit button on the register. She was still yapping to me about the lady in front of me using the 'Key Chain' app, you should have saw the look on her face when I swiped my phone to pay...lol...too bad it didn't work.
    I'm completely stock. Also I was at Meijers again in a different line and it worked. So I guess it may of been an issue with that machine.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm completely stock. Also I was at Meijers again in a different line and it worked. So I guess it may of been an issue with that machine.
    how did you DL GWallet? It won't let me via Play (stock)

EDIT: Damnit I feel dumb. Verizon won't let me download it. It's not a Play isssue. Anyway to circumvention that?
    Last edited by AphoticAffinity; 05-10-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AphoticAffinity View Post

EDIT: Damnit I feel dumb. Verizon won't let me download it. It's not a Play isssue. Anyway to circumvention that?
    In the Play store search Get Google Wallet. It will tell you how to get it.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AphoticAffinity View Post

If you cannot get it from the play store, try here: Easily Install Google Wallet onto Galaxy Nexus with an APK | xda-developers

Ads