Register

Bricked Nexus Plus USB Not Recognized

This is a discussion on Bricked Nexus Plus USB Not Recognized within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; OK so here's one for ya. So yesterday I got my used GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The person I got it from had a lot ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Angry Bricked Nexus Plus USB Not Recognized

OK so here's one for ya. So yesterday I got my used GSM Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The person I got it from had a lot of problems with it and I'm pretty good with this kind of stuff so I took it on. The main two things were that the phone would restart itself every now and again and the second was that it wasn't recognized on my computer. I restored the phone back to factory settings and it fixed everything. Next I decided to unlock and root it. Next thing you know the phone itself the buttons and everything still worked but the screen didn't respond when trying to unlock it or do anything. I pulled the battery and that seemed to work for a while but after that it didn't work at all. I went back to my old phone, went to the gym and come home to mess with the phone again. I tried to plug it into my computer and once again it didn't recognize my phone. I put the phone into recovery mode and ended up doing something I don't remember and now its stuck on the Google screen which is where I stand at this moment. So what I have is a samsung galaxy nexus stuck at the Google screen and not able to connect to USB to flash back a stock ROM....I'm pretty good with this stuff but I'm not gonna lie I'm stuck on this one. Any ideas please please please, I paid way to much for this to be broke after one day.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Do you have a backup that you can restore?

If not, what method did you use to restore to stock? You should be able to do that again if you can boot into bootloader mode.

ETA: Do you remember what you did while in recovery mode?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Welcome to the forum Luke. Did you by chance flash CWM recovery after rooting it or was it still stock rom?

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Remove Ads

Ads