Register

I may not be worthy, asking this question....

This is a discussion on I may not be worthy, asking this question.... within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hiya! New here - and stumped. I will not profess to being a tech genius, but I'm not normally totally clueless like I am at ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Question I may not be worthy, asking this question....

Hiya! New here - and stumped. I will not profess to being a tech genius, but I'm not normally totally clueless like I am at the moment. I received my GN today and the only thing upsetting me (apart from that wee volume issue) is that I CANNOT get the market to download ANYTHING. Even applications I know are ok with 4.0. I just keep getting "XYZ failed to download due to an error". I have tried clearing caches, force stops, clear data - I cleared the download manager. Nothing is working

Can anyone point out something REALLY obvious I have overlooked??

Nat

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Welcome to the forum, Nat!. Most of us without the phone can only try to help..
    Did you sign into Google?
    Are you trying over wifi or 3G/4G, and are you sure data is otherwise working fine?
    Can you successfully sideload any .apk's?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thankyou!!!

Yep - all signed in, data working fine. Emails synced, able to search the next. Been using Wifi mainly because if it slips to Edge I get the volume issue. But 3G was ok when I first turned it on.

I've just found another problem too The lockscreen sound is not there! All my sound settings are at full and the boxes are ticked.... maybe the morning sickness is preventing my brain from functioning properly...

I have't tried downloading any apk's. That might be my next step. Still - I would really like it to work

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    Yes, try sideloading an .apk, and see what, if any, error you get. Also, Under Manage Applications->All, go ahead and clear data/cache once again, and reboot. What version number of the Market are you running?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Welcome aboard, Nat!

Tapatalk'd

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    When you go into market and do menu>accounts is there a tick next to your account email address?

In menu>settings what boxes are ticked.

You could also go to market.android.com on your computer and see it you can initiate a download from there.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!! So I sideloaded an .apk this morning and doing that somehow kicked it into action...as soon as it started downloading I got a message that Google Maps was ready to update and it all started up just fine. No idea how that happened or what was wrong. Maybe it was just being temperamental.

Still not sure why I can't get my lock screen to make any noise - part of the whole volume issue?? But I doubt it....

Thanks again everyone! Overall I'm super happy with this phone. Especially since I was able to bring over all my saved data from the SD card of my GS. I wasn't sure it would all work, but it was seamless....

Nat

Remove Ads

Ads