Register

Data/Voice Radio Issue

This is a discussion on Data/Voice Radio Issue within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; If you want just the 4.0.4 radios, you can find a flashable package here . You just flash it in ClockworkMod recovery without wiping anything....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    If you want just the 4.0.4 radios, you can find a flashable package here. You just flash it in ClockworkMod recovery without wiping anything.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Actually u could just unlock it then fast boot flash radios only and the relock it if u want pretty easy stuff

You just flash it in ClockworkMod recovery without wiping anything.

Say what?? For someone who does not know fast boot flash or ClockworkMod recovery from boots on my feet or a clock app, should I just wait for the official update to come out? I'm pretty good with directions when they are clear--as in crystal. Thanks

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    I live in an area with no 4G - yet. So, I leave it on "CDMA" under Settings -> Mobile Networks. Works fine with 3G - voice and data.
    However, if I switch to "LTE/CDMA" - supposedly, if there's no 4G available, it should fall back to 3G, shouldn't it?

Well, it doesn't. With it set to "LTE/CDMA", voice works, but no data. Switching it back to CDMA only -> data comes back.

This is DIFFERENT from the problem I had a couple of weeks ago, when I had NO DATA AT ALL - new SIM card fixed that.

I tried flashing the 4.0.4 radios - no difference.

Galaxy Nexus: Beanstalk 4.4 (KitKat)
    Nexus 7 and 10 tablets - stock rooted
    OG Droid: CyanogenMod 7.1.0 (2.3.7) with Chevy's 1.1GHz uLV kernel, BP7X battery
    Nook Color: CyanogenMod 7.1.0, 1.2GHz kernel
    Computers all running Linux

Milky Way
    Member #
    Well Verizon "technical support" is saying that everything is perfectly fine on there end and that it MUST be a hardware issue (even though I'm on my third new one...). I called Samsung support and they said that it definitely sounds like a network issue but I could always send the phone into their repair department to have it looked at. The downside? No phone for a minimum of a week, ouch.

So Verizon is telling me that I should just buy a different phone (like the RAZR or Rezound) but I really can't stand either of those phones. I'm really stuck in hard place here now, what the heck should I do?!?!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    I live in an area with no 4G - yet. So, I leave it on "CDMA" under Settings -> Mobile Networks. Works fine with 3G - voice and data.
    However, if I switch to "LTE/CDMA" - supposedly, if there's no 4G available, it should fall back to 3G, shouldn't it?

Well, it doesn't. With it set to "LTE/CDMA", voice works, but no data. Switching it back to CDMA only -> data comes back.

This is DIFFERENT from the problem I had a couple of weeks ago, when I had NO DATA AT ALL - new SIM card fixed that.

I tried flashing the 4.0.4 radios - no difference.
    The new radios have help me out tremendously. The switching from 4g to 3g is perfect now same with wifi to 3g or 4g. The signal is a little better but I have never had a problem with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads