Register

Need a little help with MTP and connecting to Vista

This is a discussion on Need a little help with MTP and connecting to Vista within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Alright so i have tried and tried to get my gnex to connect VIA MTP through my windows vista pc with no luck at all.. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

Need a little help with MTP and connecting to Vista

Alright so i have tried and tried to get my gnex to connect VIA MTP through my windows vista pc with no luck at all.. i have stalked forums looking for someone with the same problem as me but cant seem to find one so i figured i would post to see if i can get some help. i get an error code everytime i connect my gnex to my computer when it tries to automatically install mtp drivers i believe its a "error code 10". any kind of help would be great, thanks everyone.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Welcome to the forum. Are you using the supplied samsung usb cable to connect? Also are you connecting to usb 2.0 port?

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks, Yes and yes...I am Rooted and unlocked bootloader so i know that i have some kind of connection, im really not familiar with MTP at all.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    I see. Well if you are having trouble with MTP then I suggest downloading this file and install on your pc.

Download: Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    alright, i will try that and let you know how it goes/

Milky Way
    Member #
    it tried to install driver and said Samsung MTP device driver failed

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Ok it seems like you have a usb driver issue. Go to control panel>device manager>Universal serial bus controller>Samsung Mobile usb composite device>properties>driver> uninstall. Reboot your pc and it should try to update the driver itself. If it does not update to the correct driver then I suggest manually downloading the Samsung driver after uninstalling the driver and pointing your pc to the downloaded file. Good luck!

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Milky Way
    Member #
    would my windows vista not being on service pack 2 have anything to do with the problem..thats one thing i completely forgot to check.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    No. I'm on service pack 2. I have heard some vista 64 bit users have this issue tho....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    MTP requires Windows Media player to be installed. Have you removed it?
    I uninstalled WMP ages ago and can't be bothered to let that mess back on my pc so I just grab my laptop (ubuntu) whenever I want to use MTP

Ads