Register

Contact's App Die's

This is a discussion on Contact's App Die's within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I am on a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon. Over the last few weeks I have noticed my contacts app dies every now and then. I ...

Milky Way
    Member #

Question Contact's App Die's

I am on a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.
    Over the last few weeks I have noticed my contacts app dies every now and then.
    I need to restart or go into apps and force close and then choose the contacts app to start it again.

The strange thing I have recently discovered is that this only happens when I have my mobile network set to LTE.
    If I leave it on CDMA only it does not happen.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcelroy View Post
    I am on a Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.
    Over the last few weeks I have noticed my contacts app dies every now and then.
    I need to restart or go into apps and force close and then choose the contacts app to start it again.

The strange thing I have recently discovered is that this only happens when I have my mobile network set to LTE.
    If I leave it on CDMA only it does not happen.

Anyone else seeing this?
    Well, first of all, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy things here.

First a question or two;

Is this happening with the People app or the when viewing contacts through the Phone app?

Are you stock or rooted and rommed?

I've never had an issue such as you have described but I can tell you that when I've experienced difficulties with Google Apps (Market, Ggmail, etc.) I had 100% success with going to Apps/All/ and selecting the offending app and pressing the Clear Data button. However, if you are rooted and have a custom rom installed, there are modifications that can negatively impact the phone app.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    It happens in both the people app and in viewing contacts through the phone app.
    I am running a stock device.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Does the 4G signal bars turn blue or grey when this occurs? Seems like its not synced with Google but should still work as a cached process.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Well, assuming you are synced with Google, I would do the Clear Data thing: Apps/All/Contacts/Clear Data.

If your problem persists "grit your teeth" and do a Factory Reset. These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. Backup everything on your sdcard that you want to keep as a Factory Data Reset wipes the sdcard. There are apps in the Market that will backup everything including SMS and Text messages. 3. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 4. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 5. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install.

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

Good luck
    Baton Rouge, LA

Remove Ads

Ads