Register

Android and Facebook - Security issue??

This is a discussion on Android and Facebook - Security issue?? within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum, but here we go anyways. I've recently been checking my active session on facebook, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Android and Facebook - Security issue??

I don't know if I'm posting this in the right forum, but here we go anyways. I've recently been checking my active session on facebook, and noticed that there multiple sessions from Charlotte, NC. The device type is "Safari on Linux." I remove these sessions, but they come back almost immediately. I'd completely reset my facebook account (as if it'd been hacked), and had a new stronger password set. I am noticing it again, however. SOooo, I try to test a few things. I've used https enforcer on my PC (using Chrome), and it still pops up. I've logged out of my facebook app on my Gnex. I then logged into the https mobile facebook site. Lo and behold, I'm showing only 1 active session, BUT it's still in Charlotte, NC - Device Type "Safari on Linux."

MY QUESTION:
    Why?? This doesn't make much sense to me. So, is my facebook app producing multiple sessions through different apps it accesses? Why is it showing Charlotte, NC when I live in Jacksonville, FL? Does anybody have any insight on this? I'm just trying to keep everything as secure as possible, and now I'm dumbfounded.

Let me know if I'm making any sense or if I've confused the hell out of you.

Thanks for your help.

Marshall
    Last edited by themarshall18; 01-31-2012 at 09:06 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Anybody is more than welcome to tell me that I'm being ridiculous too, ya know.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    My question did you was your FB get hacked?? As far as an app goes...I used the browser not the app but which app are you using? I would contact the dev but as far as security for your phone thats a mixed subject here I use norton...some people don't use anything...and just watch what they download..

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, now I don't think it was hacked. I wasn't having any problems like it was hacked, but the multiple sessions had thrown me off. I've just emailed the developer about this, but I was hoping someone with technical savvy might be able to explain this issue. I don't know if the app is picking up the locations from outside Verizon towers or what. It only happens with the app. If I use the mobile browser, then it only shows my one session (even though it still states that it's using "safari on linux") It's just a little bizarre/unnerving. Has anybody else checked this out on their own and seen the same thing?

Thanks,
    Marshall

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Happens to me. I live in Los Angeles and I have gotten sessions in NY and other places. I don't really mind but I would like to know what is causing this. Not sure if its android related or what though.
    Dress as Storm Trooper,walk into BigRed, find the droids you are looking for.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't really care as much now that I think it's not a hacker. I originally thought I was being hi-jacked. I'd read about the cookies issue with facebook, and thought this is what was happening. It would be nice to have some explanation as I can't really find anything online about it.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Same thing happens to me! Do you think it has to do with us having Android and/or a Galaxy nexus? I live in San Luis Obispo, CA and my active sessions show up in Stockton, CA with "Safari on Linux"

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'd have no idea if it's specific to the Nexus or Android. I never checked on my previous phone (Droid OG), but I guess I could try tonight when I get home. And since I've always used Android, I don't know if it's the same with other mobile platforms.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    So I checked my OG Droid last night (signed off Facebook on my GNex to be sure), and it still populated these sessions. I'd even removed them all and 1 or 2 kept popping up again for Jacksonville, FL. It's gotta be either Verizon's network or the Android OS. I've notified the developer of the issue as I don't think this should happen honestly, but we'll see...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Actually, now that I think about it, it can't be the Verizon network. I can only connect online with my OG Droid via WiFi so it's gotta be an Android or Facebook App thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads