Register

Text unreadable

This is a discussion on Text unreadable within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Anyone seen this? Text on widgets and apps messed up, seems OK within apps. Corrects on reboot but recurs in short order. Ran Lookout antivirus ...

Thread: Text unreadable

Milky Way
    Member #

Text unreadable

Anyone seen this? Text on widgets and apps messed up, seems OK within apps. Corrects on reboot but recurs in short order. Ran Lookout antivirus scan but was fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Have you tried a soft reset? Battery pull wait few minutes then reboot. Also did you by chance change any settings in developer options? I have heard of others with display issues when Force GPU rendering was turned on.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    will resolve after Powering Off and back On but returns, after battery pull only has occurred once in last 24 hrs. Will keep monitoring. I haven't changed any of the Developer options.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Are you running any other launcher other than stock? If so you might go back to stock launcher or delete cache/data for said launcher (even stock). Settings>apps>all>launcher. If you still have issues then a factory data reset might be the next step.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Androidoc - you're not alone...

Screenshot_2012-01-31-12-02-01.jpg

Screenshot_2012-01-31-11-58-53.jpg

Running AOKP + Franco kernel, but noticed the problem on stock before flashing. Was blindly hoping that flashing the ROM (and in the process, getting 4.0.3) would resolve it, but it didn't.

paul - wiping the launcher cache didn't do it; in fact, when I rebooted the problem recurred immediately. Typically it takes a few hours of use and a screen timeout to make it happen.

I guess factory reset is the next option, although at that point I'll likely just take it back to the carrier to replace the hardware. Just wanted to let you know that it seems to be a rare, but not isolated issue.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Interesting . . . I haven't run across anyone else with the issue. I'm running stock, haven't rooted yet. I thought about taking it back as well, but didn't want to get stuck with some refurb or something. I've been OK now for about 2 days. I'll see what happens I guess. Thanks

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I had this once.. Not sure what fixed it.. I think I just waited for it do go right again and it did in a few minutes..

Verstuurd van mijn Galaxy Nexus met Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Hello I have been having the same issue. It occurs after a screen lock or sometimes after a reboot. I have not Flashed this phone as it is stock. I have ran virus/malware. I also do not Screenshot_2012-03-19-11-22-48[1].jpgScreenshot_2012-03-21-18-41-47[1].jpghave force gpu rendering on. By the way did I mention this is my 3 rd phone as a result of hardware malfunction. Any updates regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Remove Ads

Ads