Register

What happens when I put my phone down?

This is a discussion on What happens when I put my phone down? within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; my gnex makes a noise when I put it down on the table (not the only time it makes a noise..,) if my keyboard is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Question What happens when I put my phone down?

my gnex makes a noise when I put it down on the table (not the only time it makes a noise..,) if my keyboard is on it will close but it feels like more happens.. when I listen to music and put it down the music stops for about 2seconds... does anyone know what happens and how I can control it?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    267 times
    Could ya describe said noise??? Might help to know if other people are having the same noise.

Welcome to the forum. We may bite but we don't have rabies
    Guidelines of Conduct for GalaxyNexusForum

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Um.. It sounds like a closing sound.. not like a door but one that phones use standard.. Starting high and goingdown.. 3 tones ...

Does anyone else have there keyboard turn off as soon as you put your phone down

Edit: its called Hojus
    Last edited by Cynthia; 01-22-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    That's wierd...do you have an app installed that modifies your notifications, i.e Lightflow, etc? If so, it may be a bug with the app or that the app's not set correctly.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia View Post
    my gnex makes a noise when I put it down on the table (not the only time it makes a noise..,) if my keyboard is on it will close but it feels like more happens.. when I listen to music and put it down the music stops for about 2seconds... does anyone know what happens and how I can control it?
    I know this is probably too basic, but do you have Screen Lock sounds checked in the Settings/Sounds checked.

I really think you are going to find some app that is doing it like Dippa suggests.

If it's bothering you and you can not find the source, you could always just do a Factory Reset. I know that's a little drastic, but if it's simply driving you nuts. . . . . . Just remember with the Gnex a Factory Reset wipes everything off the sdcard. That means you will need to backup your personal files. You can simply copy most of them to your computer, but some like SMS and Texts won't work that way. There are apps in the market to backup those sort of things.

Good luck
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Its not driving me crazy luckily lol I just want to know what causes it..

its been doing it since I got it.. Wait.. It doesn't do it anymore :s I installed light flow today.. Maybe that made it stop?

But why would there be a notification when I put my phone down... :s

Milky Way
    Member #
    Hi Guys, I actually found the same issue this morning! The same sound that you described. I even tried to download "lightflow" and it didn't help! After trying several things. I found that it only happened when I put my phone on my wallet which contains a RFID card to get into my apartment building. Then I thought about the NFC! It ended up that actually the NFC somehow detects my RFID card and find a connection - thus the sound. After turning off the NFC option, then there is no more sound! Hope this helps!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    If it like like a clicking sound when was the last time you did a battery pull

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Red Tapatalk

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    But it happens when I put down my phone anywhere... On my couch, table etc... Maybe irs the detection of being bumped by the nfc? Or shouldn't it do that?

~ xxx Cyn

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Hmmm...it does sound like it could be NFC, because when NFC reads a signal but doesn't recognize it, it does make a noise similar to what you're describing. Didn't think about NFC before, but that could be what is causing the issues.

Cynthia, try disabling NFC as the poster above suggested, by going into settings > more > nfc > and uncheck NFC.

See if that resolves your issues...if not, at least we can rule out NFC as the cause...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads