Register

My Galaxy Nexus has a Ghost

This is a discussion on My Galaxy Nexus has a Ghost within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; So I have had my GN since December 7th, the day before they launched in Canada. I have had no problems with the phone up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Unhappy My Galaxy Nexus has a Ghost

So I have had my GN since December 7th, the day before they launched in Canada.

I have had no problems with the phone up until 2 weeks ago.

My problem is, when I hit the power button to turn off and lock the screen, it does. But 2 seconds later, the screen turns back on by itself to the lock screen. I can hit the power button again, it will turn off the screen, but 2 seconds later it turns on again, and stays on. Sometimes when left "on" the phone will restart itself.

Another issue I have been having, and I don't know if they are connected or not, is when I connect my GN to charge, sometimes it does not recognize that a charger has been connected unless I wiggle it around a bit. Then, when I remove the charger, the battery indicator still shows the lightening bolt inside it as if it were still charging.

I have called Samsung support and they have told me to do a factory reset and then see what happens. But I'd like to reach out to the masses before I do any of that, to see if anyone else has had similar issues or if it is an isolated issue with my device only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

P.S. This is my 3rd Nexus, after my Nexus One and Nexus S, and I NEVER had any issues with them.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Never heard of this issue before. A factory reset would be what I would recommend.

Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Reset and if those issues don't immediately disappear do go to Verizon and do an exchange.

sent from my stock non-rooted Nexus

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    I would check your apps. There are some apps the require the screen be on when running. I had one that did exactly that called sensorly that helped compile network information in your area. When it wasn't running or I removed it, the screen stayed off. Check your app permissions or remove them one at a time and see when it gets fixed.

As for the charging issue, to clarify, this is the actual GNex charger you are using? Not all chargers are the same. I have a few that do not contact the charger 100% and are spotty at times. Also, if you have a case on it, ensure it is not blocking the port and preventing complete seating of the charger.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fish1552 View Post
    As for the charging issue, to clarify, this is the actual GNex charger you are using? Not all chargers are the same. I have a few that do not contact the charger 100% and are spotty at times. Also, if you have a case on it, ensure it is not blocking the port and preventing complete seating of the charger.
    I am using the actual charger that came with the phone, and there is no case on it....

Milky Way
    Member #
    I am also having the same issue as seven4oil. The factory reset didn't help... I also can't root because my phone will not connect to my computer via usb. I have downloaded and installed the usb drivers from Samy. So, I am wondering if I have a faulty usb connector in my phone. I have tried additional cables, different ports on different computers. No luck. Otherwise I like this phone. I was hesitant about buying a Samsung product. This is an early 4g build...got it on launch day. Battery life sucks... Won't allow me to manually set and save POP3 acct settings...kicks my settings out and then decides to set its own port and then fails to connect. I really don't want to return it. Any suggestions???????????????

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    sad to hear that the factory reset did not help!

I was going to go that route today...

Maybe I should still try....

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN40iL View Post
    sad to hear that the factory reset did not help!

I was going to go that route today...

Maybe I should still try....
    You should still try. Just remember to backup your personal files either to the cloud or to a computer and don't forget if you want to save things like SMS, Texts, etc there are are apps to help with this.

Factory Data Resets have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 6. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I just backed up and did the factory reset.

The issue with the phone thinking it is charging, as in the battery indicator having the lightening bolt inside, is still there

The other issue of the lock screen popping up or turning on, when should be off, hasn't come back yet, but will chime in either by the end of the day, or tomorrow to let you guys know if it came back or not.

At this point, I am back to using my Nexus S for the time being, and it feels SO SMALL!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Hardware related? Maybe?

Dress as Storm Trooper, walk into BigRed, find the droid you are looking for.
    Dress as Storm Trooper,walk into BigRed, find the droids you are looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads