Register

Had a few questions for root users

This is a discussion on Had a few questions for root users within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I recently unlocked and rooted my phone, and now when I boot up my phone I get a message saying Android is upgrading every time? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Had a few questions for root users

I recently unlocked and rooted my phone, and now when I boot up my phone I get a message saying Android is upgrading every time? Wondering if this is normal?

And also when I boot into boot loader mode and select to go into recovery I get the android with the triangle/exclamation mark, and have to pull the battery to boot up normally. Is this normal? I used Wugs tool to unlock and root, not sure If I did something wrong or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    It does the Android upgrading thing every time? Mine only seems to do it after I've performed a wipe in CWMR.

Edited
    Last edited by bhfd64; 01-15-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah mine does it every time. Any idea as to why? And when I'm on what screen?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aramos87 View Post
    Yeah mine does it every time. Any idea as to why? And when I'm on what screen?

No I'm not sure why it would do that every time. Hopefully someone else will have an idea. Are you pressing the volume down and power button when trying to get into recovery? That puts you into Download mode which is the Triangle screen. Press both volume buttons and the power button to get into bootloader mode, then navigate to recovery.
    -Stephen

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    No I'm not sure why it would do that every time. Hopefully someone else will have an idea. Are you pressing the volume down and power button when trying to get into recovery? That puts you into Download mode which is the Triangle screen. Press both volume buttons and the power button to get into bootloader mode, then navigate to recovery.
    Yeah I use both volume up and down and I get into boot loader mode, and I navigate to recovery mode then it reboots attempting to get into recovery and then I get the android triangle screen. But it seems I have to flash recovery every time before I power off, when I do that it works. Is that normal? Haha sorry for all the questions. thanks

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Yeah I use both volume up and down and I get into boot loader mode, and I navigate to recovery mode then it reboots attempting to get into recovery and then I get the android triangle screen. But it seems I have to flash recovery every time before I power off, when I do that it works. Is that normal? Haha sorry for all the questions. thanks

Yeah, that does seem normal. I'd edited my first comment because I thought I misunderstood you, but I got it. When you get that triangle screen if you press the volume and power buttons it should boot you on into the factory recovery. If you use a file explorer to delete or rename the file "system/recovery-from-boot.p" and then flash Clockwork, it should stick so you can get into it every time. What happens is with that file still in place it will overwrite your custom recovery with the stock one on every boot.
    -Stephen

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bhfd64 View Post
    Yeah, that does seem normal. I'd edited my first comment because I thought I misunderstood you, but I got it. When you get that triangle screen if you press the volume and power buttons it should boot you on into the factory recovery. If you use a file explorer to delete or rename the file "system/recovery-from-boot.p" and then flash Clockwork, it should stick so you can get into it every time. What happens is with that file still in place it will overwrite your custom recovery with the stock one on every boot.
    OK I will try that. Thanks alot! Just trying to figure out why it says android upgrading after every reboot, I installed a themed mms zip using cwm wondering if that could be why? Seems to have started after that app was installed.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    OK I will try that. Thanks alot! Just trying to figure out why it says android upgrading after every reboot, I installed a themed mms zip using cwm wondering if that could be why? Seems to have started after that app was installed.

I'm not sure about it. I'll look around. Mine only seems to do it on the first boot after I've flashed something.
    -Stephen

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    I was under the impression that message comes up when your dalvik cache is being rebuilt upon reboot.

Edit: Yup I just wiped dalvik and rebooted. That message came up.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Makes sense doing it after a flash then but why would it do it on every boot?
    -Stephen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads