Register

Titanium Backup Restore Issue

This is a discussion on Titanium Backup Restore Issue within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; I did a search, if this has been addressed I apologize in advance. I also went to TiBu and located the internal vs. external sd ...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times

Titanium Backup Restore Issue

I did a search, if this has been addressed I apologize in advance. I also went to TiBu and located the internal vs. external sd storage but really no remedy. Question 1, is there anyway when doing a factory reset and keep the information on the phone. I use an app called checkbook and when I had to reset my rooted GNex the other day I lost the entire backup for it, to where my DX would keep it on the external sd card. Question 2, With TiBu is there anyway to save a backup up to the on board sd? I thought when I rooted the phone it would automatically seperate the two storages and save the TiBu to the sd and would not be erased from the sd. If I go into root explorer it shows and sd card file. I have noticed that when you do a factory reset it does not even give you the option to "wipe sd" it autmotically wipes it because it is not considered seperate from the device. I am rooted running stock rom.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    General

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    I share the same concerns as he. I also seached and could not find solid informaton on the backup location. I have Ti Backup also and when i accidently factory wiped, i lost everything. Even CWM. Although at that time i had that file issue (fixed by adding the 1), Im still a little scared to factory wipe. So far the only things ive flashed are new bootloader image and radios but they do not require factory wipe. So i also would like to know if the backups are partioned and safe on the device. Thanks.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I sync my titanium to drop box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    I gave up on TiBu and switched to Ultimate Backup....does EXACTLY the same thing.

FYI....what I found most useful with ICS is to allow Google to restore your apps....then restore your data with TiBu or what I recommended.

In 15 ROM flashes this method has yet to fail me. To where backup to restore has failed numerous times.
    Looking to get dropbox? Send a request TO ME....I could use the space for the referral....you will get free space too!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Looking to get dropbox? Send a request TO ME....I could use the space for the referral....you will get free space too!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Using either the Factory Data Reset that is in the Settings/Backup & Reset menu or in the stock recovery will erase everything, as already noted in this thread. Using the Factory Reset in CWR will not erase your personal files on the sdcard. It will erase your apps and their data though.

Factory Data Reset:

Backup all of your apps and the app data with Titanium. Then backup all your personal files to your computer (music, pictures, etc.). Use any of the good apps, some already noted, in the market to backup SMS, texts, etc.

Factory Data Resets have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 4. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 8 - 10 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 15 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

Good luck
    Baton Rouge, LA

Milky Way
    Member #
    Excellent. Thanks for all that info. You make it sound easier than some. I do sync Ti to dropbox. Thats how i sort of recovered thr first time. I dont allways have access to a pc so im trying to do everything OTA. Sure, not everything but with Ti and backup pro ive managed everthing but my music. Ill eventually learn this stuff. Especially with help from you folks. Im still an ignorant noob with poor spdlling! Thanks again.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    166 times
    Quote Originally Posted by "Sam" View Post
    Excellent. Thanks for all that info. You make it sound easier than some. I do sync Ti to dropbox. Thats how i sort of recovered thr first time. I dont allways have access to a pc so im trying to do everything OTA. Sure, not everything but with Ti and backup pro ive managed everthing but my music. Ill eventually learn this stuff. Especially with help from you folks. Im still an ignorant noob with poor spdlling! Thanks again.
    You will learn it, I'm sure! We all had to. Only difference is we were lucky enough to have started the learning process a little earlier.

OH BTW, I just installed a rom update and new kernel. I had to do a wipe/factory data reset (well, actually I chose to do it as the dev said it wasn't required for just an update of his rom) in CWR. It took exactly 15 minutes from the time of installation for Google to restore all of my apps, for me to open Titanium Backup and restore DATA to apps that needed it and to restore a few settings in the phone's main settings menu. That really isn't too bad - 15 minutes to get fully back to where I was before new OS installation, including kernel!! Pretty happy guy here!!
    Baton Rouge, LA

Remove Ads

Ads