Register

Can't connect

This is a discussion on Can't connect within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Hello, this is my first time posting anything to this site but I'm sure glad this forum is here. I got my Galaxy Nexus a ...

Thread: Can't connect

Milky Way
    Member #

Can't connect

Hello, this is my first time posting anything to this site but I'm sure glad this forum is here. I got my Galaxy Nexus a week ago and since then I've been trying to unlock the boot loader. I set up the sdk/adb and down loaded the drivers but still can't get the phone to connnect to the pc. I even tried the toolkit and still nothing. The only thing I will get from plugging my gnex to the pc via usb is a charge connection. The lap top I'm using is a Dell Windows 7 Enterprise, I don't know if that has anything to do with this problem so I used my other old laptop a Sony Vaio Windows Vista and still NOTHING! So I decided to use my Wife's Sony Vaio I7 quad core monster and still NOTHING!!! Please help. My last option is to return it and get another Gnex. Also I also went and did all the checks like go to C drive/android sdk/ platform tool/ shift right click and open command wndow/ typed in adb devices and you know it NUTHIN. I even went into my devices to find the phone and nuthin. I went and updated the drivers and Nothin....... Please HHHHHHHeeeeeellllllllppppppp!!! thankyou..

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BillIdol View Post
    Hello, this is my first time posting anything to this site but I'm sure glad this forum is here. I got my Galaxy Nexus a week ago and since then I've been trying to unlock the boot loader. I set up the sdk/adb and down loaded the drivers but still can't get the phone to connnect to the pc. I even tried the toolkit and still nothing. The only thing I will get from plugging my gnex to the pc via usb is a charge connection. The lap top I'm using is a Dell Windows 7 Enterprise, I don't know if that has anything to do with this problem so I used my other old laptop a Sony Vaio Windows Vista and still NOTHING! So I decided to use my Wife's Sony Vaio I7 quad core monster and still NOTHING!!! Please help. My last option is to return it and get another Gnex. Also I also went and did all the checks like go to C drive/android sdk/ platform tool/ shift right click and open command wndow/ typed in adb devices and you know it NUTHIN. I even went into my devices to find the phone and nuthin. I went and updated the drivers and Nothin....... Please HHHHHHHeeeeeellllllllppppppp!!! thankyou..
    Welcome to the forum drivers are what causes the problem mostly look here How To Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices (Updated 12/13/11) | TheUnlockr It will show you as well(video) also How To Root the Samsung Galaxy Nexus | TheUnlockr I had to download pdnet(before I started) for this to work..

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    +1 to what Ray said. Drivers are sure to be the problem. The PDANet drivers do seem to have the most success. What computer OS are you running?

Tap'd from my GNex

Milky Way
    Member #
    Windows7 and on my older pc, windows vista

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks, I also tried pdanet and still couldn't make contact, I will try it your way and see what happen

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Have you tried uninstalling the drivers from within your device manager while plugged it's plugged in? I'd uninstall everything with it plugged in, disconnect it, try reinstalling pdanet and following the directions for the windows usb drivers.. Not sure if it will help, but wasn't sure if you deleted the previous drivers before installing the new ones..

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    358 times
    Twitter
    wwickedd
    This is the method I used to unlock/root my Nexus [How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    This is the method I used to unlock/root my Nexus [How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus
    Thanks, this was the first one I used, I always go to theUnlockr first with all my devices but got no where. My wife keeps telling me that it's my phone and that I should just exchange for another one, I think I might just take her advice.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhodge02 View Post
    Welcome to the forum drivers are what causes the problem mostly look here How To Set Up ADB/USB Drivers for Android Devices (Updated 12/13/11) | TheUnlockr It will show you as well(video) also How To Root the Samsung Galaxy Nexus | TheUnlockr I had to download pdnet(before I started) for this to work..
    Hello again, I just unlocked and rooted my phone and it took less then 5 minutes to do, the way I found out how to do it was a suggestion by my wife. She said. "WHY DON'T YOU USE THE USB CABLE THAT THE PHONE CAME WITH?" I thought to myself, I am using the cable it came with and she looked into the GNex box and said well what is this cable? So I thought well damn, I guess I'm not using the cable it came with. So once I connected the phone to the laptop with that cable the phone came with it automatically started loading drivers and VIOLA! CONNECTED, UNLOCKED AND ROOTED. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like such a gigantic Noob, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BillIdol; 01-09-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BillIdol View Post
    Hello again, I just unlocked and rooted my phone and it took less then 5 minutes to do, the way I found out how to do it was a suggestion by my wife. She said. "WHY DON'T YOU USE THE USB CABLE THAT THE PHONE CAME WITH?" I thought to myself, I am using the cable it came with and she looked into the GNex box and said well what is this cable? So I thought well damn, I guess I'm not using the cable it came with. So once I connected the phone to the laptop with that cable the phone came with it automatically started loading drivers and VIOLA! CONNECTED, UNLOCKED AND ROOTED. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like such a gigantic Noob, hahaha!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh yeah, I would like to thank all the pros out there who gave me suggestions on what to do to get my gnex connected to my pc. And a big thanks to my wife who said use the cable the phone came with.

Remove Ads

Ads