Register

Missed phone calls!

This is a discussion on Missed phone calls! within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Ever since I got my GSM Nexus in mid-December, it seems that about half my phone calls are lost. The phone is in my pocket, ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Missed phone calls!

Ever since I got my GSM Nexus in mid-December, it seems that about half my phone calls are lost. The phone is in my pocket, then when I take it out and turn it on, I see the "missed phone call" icon. I'm in-network the whole time, the ringer volume is set to max *AND* set to vibrate, but meanwhile I never hear anything and never feel the phone vibrate. Anybody else have this problem? It's extremely irritating. I've noticed that answering or cancelling a phone is all done by soft keys; I'm wondering if maybe the call comes in, then the phone pressed against my leg (in my pocket) starts picking up touchscreen and ends up cancelling the call?

I'm on Android 4.0.1. According to my phone there is no update waiting (although I thought we were supposed to be on 4.0.2 or 4.0.3 by now?).

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Twitter
    pternahan
    That's strange, I've never had this issue. I do believe the soft keys are disabled when the screen's off so I don't think that's your issue. The 4.0.2 update should popped up minutes after you activated, at least it did for mine.

Are you rooted or stock, please give us a little more info so we can help track down a possible solution.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    I've missed several calls but its due to I can't feel the vibration and cant use sound at work..

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm not rooted, it's all stock. I did get an upgrade a while after I bought it, but the upgrade was apparently to a newer 4.0.1. It is a bit of a strange case, though, I'm in the US with the GSM version on T-Mobile. (I travel internationally for business, so I wanted the option of swapping SIM cards when I visit another country). That could be why I'm still on 4.0.1, but I hope I do get an upgrade eventually.

Soft keys are disabled when the screen is off, but the moment a call comes in the screen turns on and there is a "slide to unlock" thing there. I'm wondering if having the screen pressed at that moment is causing the problem? But then I would expect everybody to have the trouble.

Ads