Register

Ghost Dialing.

This is a discussion on Ghost Dialing. within the Galaxy Nexus Help forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Support Forum category; Has anybody had a problem with this? Mine does it while charging. It just starts to call at random. I end the call and it ...

Thread: Ghost Dialing.

Milky Way
    Member #

Ghost Dialing.

Has anybody had a problem with this? Mine does it while charging. It just starts to call at random. I end the call and it calls the same number right back. Like an infinate loop. I think it dials *22899.

I'm thinking I've got a bad micro usb cable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaydee6385; 12-25-2011 at 09:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Mine is randomly dialing people from my contacts. I took the battery out and put it back in, then sat there and watched it do it 5 more times right in front of me, like a ghost - completely randomly choosing various folks in my contacts, different person each time.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Sounds like the sim card could be unseated. Turn off phone, remove battery, take out sim card a reinsert until it clicks.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks - it stopped happening but I'll re-seat the SIM card anyway, sounds like a good way to get rid of any telephone badness.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I am having the same problem. I was listening to music and the music stopped, I looked down and it was dialing *22899. The crazy thing is, if i go into the call log it shows the last person i called on purpose not the *22899 number. It randomly keeps doing this every once and a while. I wonder what invokes this?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee6385 View Post
    Has anybody had a problem with this? Mine does it while charging. It just starts to call at random. I end the call and it calls the same number right back. Like an infinate loop. I think it dials *22899.

I'm thinking I've got a bad micro usb cable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Mine is doing the same thing. Wth is this? It didn't stop until I did a battery pull!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    538 times
    Twitter
    fish1552
    I had that happen around the same time. I let it finish the third or forth time and it hasnt done it since. No issues since then, at least not anything mentioned in the thread about not dialing *228.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Milky Way
    Member #
    I'm working in a dungeon, where no cell signal can penetrate, so I put the phone into airplane mode to save the battery. Last week I started noticing that the phone would intermittently beep (even though sound is muted). I'd look and see it has dialed *22899. Wierd!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    This happened to me today too. The good news is that I'm pretty sure I know what it is. Why it's doing it to you other guys, I'm not sure. *22899 is the number the phone automatically calls when it's trying to update is PRL or to activate the phone on Verizon's network. I got my new Nexus the other day and it failed to activate on the first start-up. The reason was because the Nexus will try to automatically activate, but if you have another phone on (in my case, my old X was still on), the activation will fail. If you turn of whatever other phone is currently active on your line, reboot your Nexus, it'll automatically dial *22899 to try and activate/update the PRL. That's how it was explained to me by a Verizon employee today Take it or leave it, they give you 100 different answers 100 different times...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    See the thread ghost dial *22899 = prl update.

Remove Ads

Ads