Register

Unlocked & Rooted...Having a few issues

This is a discussion on Unlocked & Rooted...Having a few issues within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; 1) How do I get titanium backup to connect/ recognize to my transferred backups as I no longer have a proper SD card? 2) My ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times

Unlocked & Rooted...Having a few issues

1) How do I get titanium backup to connect/ recognize to my transferred backups as I no longer have a proper SD card?

2) My bluetooth head set post rooting will either do media or phone. The only new app after rooting was the nova launcher.

3) Experiencing error in connecting to root wiki. Something about a conflict. I un-installed and reinstalled. Same problem.

Has anyone else experienced any of these issues?
    Should I repeat the rooting process? Do I have to un-root and relock my bootloader before repeating the process again?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Justifi View Post
    1) How do I get titanium backup to connect/ recognize to my transferred backups as I no longer have a proper SD card?

2) My bluetooth head set post rooting will either do media or phone. The only new app after rooting was the nova launcher.

3) Experiencing error in connecting to root wiki. Something about a conflict. I un-installed and reinstalled. Same problem.

Should I repeat the rooting process? Do I have to un-root and relock my bootloader before repeating the process again?

You would have to drag your Titanium Backup folder over from your old phone to restore the app backups if that's what you mean. How did you root?
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    978 times
    Rootzwiki app has been disabled by the site until further notice. You can still use tapatalk app to acces it. The other issues I can't help you.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_gyver View Post
    Rootzwiki app has been disabled by the site until further notice. You can still use tapatalk app to acces it. The other issues I can't help you.
    Really?? Why is that? No warning or anything.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Answers to most of my own questions.

#1) I figured it out. I posted the answer below.

#2) I checked the paired settings. Both audio & phone were checked on. I had never flipped than on nor off. Just started to work. Basically, I have no idea what went wrong or how it was resolved. It just is.

#3) Fellow forum member informed that rootzwiki had turned off their own map. I have no idea why. It it's still possible to log on through the browser or tapatalk.

Providing that dropbox was enabled in titanium backup on your last phone and titanium was backed up to drop box before switching over, than you can download your titanium backups through drop box rather than the SD card.

Even if you hadn't , you can backup on your old phone through wifi and than download into you new phone.

Fortunately, I didn't need to reroot my phone yet. I will do a practice run this weekend. Better to learn this now, without the pressure and panick of a bricked phone during a work week. As I like to flash roms, it's just a matter of time before I run into a brick.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Glad you got it figured out!

Ads