Register

is there an app so i can root my phone like z4root instead of using a computer

This is a discussion on is there an app so i can root my phone like z4root instead of using a computer within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; I don't have a computer at the moment and I really want to root my phone plz help...

Milky Way
    Member #

Question is there an app so i can root my phone like z4root instead of using a computer

I don't have a computer at the moment and I really want to root my phone plz help

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: is there an app so i can root my phone like z4root instead of using a computer

I really have never looked for a one click root method and I'm not really sure there is one... All I can say is get to a pc and use wugs root toolkit for your nexus..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times

is there an app so i can root my phone like z4root instead of using a computer

One click for gnex. Why? Just borrow friends puter grab adb drivers for 10 mins later with fastboot (if that) your rooted.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    CM10 Nightly
    Lean Kernel

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Maybe if you have another phone that's rooted, and that can run "ARMx" archeticture (see there thread on how to use Backtrack). After you complete there instructions there, you 'may' be able to then run there 'fastboot" commands off that phone. But then again, you Nexus wouldn' t be able to recognize that device as anything (I'm thinking). Hmm, Let me do a little more thinking. I doubt seriously that this would work because or that one problem (not being able to recognize the other phone as a computer).

Edit:

Hmm, I was close.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1447727

Try that link out. It had the binary to do just what I was sort of proposing above, yet they got it to work. This might be easier for some, espcially if having trouble installing the correct adb drivers, etc on you computer. But you need another rooted device. If I find an actual way to root using you own Nexus I'll post back here. (or way to unlock you bootloader. There is a way to flash custom bootloaders without having root. Well, maybe not, but then again maybe, being you are manipulating a different partition other than "/system", and one that you've unlocked. Then again, I have no clue.
    Last edited by HarvesterX; 09-12-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads