Register

Superboot/ One click tool for Windows/Mac/Linux

This is a discussion on Superboot/ One click tool for Windows/Mac/Linux within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Again, I dont claim credit for this work I simply copied and pasted for everyone's benefit. Istruction are taken from Here which I used myself ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RobKort

Thread: Superboot/ One click tool for Windows/Mac/Linux

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times

Superboot/ One click tool for Windows/Mac/Linux

Again, I dont claim credit for this work I simply copied and pasted for everyone's benefit. Istruction are taken from Here which I used myself (on Ubutu Linux) and they work.

Introducing....
    Superboot!

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

• Superboot r4 GSM - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 61189eff50bd7af5a09331b0ce6224bb
    • Superboot r4 LTE - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 3ee4b381fab24f68123e85c6b6234636
    The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing you to use 'adb remount' as well as having full ADB root access to your device until such time as you reboot after running this process (it's a non permanent ADB root as it's a 'fastboot boot' and not a 'fastboot flash').

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
    - Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons both pressed to enter the bootloader (as pictured below)
    - WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
    - MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
    - LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'

Note: If you are using a retail Galaxy Nexus, you may need to unlock the bootloader first, using './fastboot-windows oem unlock' (or the appropriate version for your machine). Note that the OEM unlock sequence wipes your device.

Enjoy!

GalaxyNexusFastboot_Bootloader_Mode.jpg
    Ventoris likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Remove Ads

Ads