Register

GNex will not install drivers in Fast Boot

This is a discussion on GNex will not install drivers in Fast Boot within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but, not a root newb. Rooted my OG Droid and T-Bolt. I was in the process of trying ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nick177th
  • 1 Post By Dippa

Thread: GNex will not install drivers in Fast Boot

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

GNex will not install drivers in Fast Boot

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum but, not a root newb. Rooted my OG Droid and T-Bolt. I was in the process of trying to root My New Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) following the video of Max Lee on Galaxy Nexus Root.com. I ran across an issue when I went into fastboot and the drivers would not install. I manually d/l'd the drivers from the Samsung site AND the phone installed them when I connected it via USB. I went into device manager and I could see the drivers. But, Like I said earlier, it would not install the drivers when I went into fastboot. Can anyone get me squared away? I'm not sure what I should do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    hardhead808 likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Welcome...I would try the steps in this write-up to get the fastboot drivers configured:

a. If you dont want to use the ToolKit to install the drivers then the best best drivers to try are PdaNet for Android, download and run the 32-bit Windows 7/Vista/XP or 64-bit Windows 7/Vista and follow the instructions to install (selecting Samsung as your device manufacturer if asked).

You can remove pdanet for Android from your phone and pc at a later time without removing the drivers.

b. After the drivers have been installed disconnect the usb cable and shut down your phone. Keep holding the 'Volume Up' and 'Volume Down' buttons and press the 'Power' button to boot the phone into FastBoot Mode.

c. Goto your Control Panel on your PC and open the Device Manager. You want this open so you can see the FastBoot driver is installed or so you can install it manually.

d. Connect the usb cable. In the Device Manager a new item called 'Android 1.0' should pop up and then the driver should install automatically. Once it is installed you will have a new section in the Device Manager called Android Phone without an "!" meaning its installed correctly.

Note 1: If the driver doesnt install automatically then double click on the Android 1.0 item, then click on the driver tab and select 'update driver'. Select 'browse my computer' and then 'Let me pick from a list'. If no items appear in the list then untick 'Show compatible hardware' and find the Android adb driver or Samsung adb driver.
    Source: [GNex TOOLKIT V6.0] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [GSM] - xda-developers
    hardhead808 likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks Dippa. that worked. I may use the tool kit. That way I can back up my apps and data. Thanks again.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Any time...glad to help

Remove Ads

Ads