Register

want to learn how to modify files in systemui.apk

This is a discussion on want to learn how to modify files in systemui.apk within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Hey all.... posted a thread in graphics but thought I'd try here. Want to get a new 4g lte symbol on my phone and was ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Milky Way
    Member #

want to learn how to modify files in systemui.apk

Hey all.... posted a thread in graphics but thought I'd try here. Want to get a new 4g lte symbol on my phone and was wondering if anyone could help me learn how to modify the systemui.apk....really want to start theming roms and figured starting with changing my 4g symbol it would be a good start... anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    ADB+APKTool=theme! You have to recompile the apk and you'll find your images in /res folder.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1511730
    The tool you can use to achieve this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Aquarius
    Member #
    Liked
    507 times
    There are a couple of threads here that will help. First check out CJM's guide to replacing the softkeys in SystemUI.apk. replacing the status bar icons is the same
    [How-To] Softkey Mods [WIP] installs with update.zip in CWM

then this thread for de-compiling and re-compiling .apk files if you need to edit .xml
    How to decompile/compile using apktools

Milky Way
    Member #
    thanks both of ya....this stuff will really help

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cynkrzy View Post
    There are a couple of threads here that will help. First check out CJM's guide to replacing the softkeys in SystemUI.apk. replacing the status bar icons is the same
    [How-To] Softkey Mods [WIP] installs with update.zip in CWM

then this thread for de-compiling and re-compiling .apk files if you need to edit .xml
    How to decompile/compile using apktools
    Have a quick question. In the de-compiling .apk files can I use the same directions to edit the launcher2.apk instead of the framework-res.apk? I want to change some images, and also can I just replace images in launcher or do I have to replace other files to keep things working correctly? thanks again

Aquarius
    Member #
    Liked
    507 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidnex View Post
    Have a quick question. In the de-compiling .apk files can I use the same directions to edit the launcher2.apk instead of the framework-res.apk? I want to change some images, and also can I just replace images in launcher or do I have to replace other files to keep things working correctly? thanks again
    I believe you can, and you won't have to de-compile it if you're only replacing .png files (unless they're .9.png files, that's a whole nuther story)

just make a backup before you flash you're modded launcher. Make sure you check the ROM you're extracting it from for the correct location

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cynkrzy View Post
    I believe you can, and you won't have to de-compile it if you're only replacing .png files (unless they're .9.png files, that's a whole nuther story)

just make a backup before you flash you're modded launcher. Make sure you check the ROM you're extracting it from for the correct location
    Idk then I tried replacing .PNG files in launcher with 7zip and it would error and the files would go back to original new files were resized to match current files.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Its possible to rename the apks extension to zip. Unzip it. Change some images then zip it back up and rename it apk.

I find that's just as much work as decompiling it though. So why not decompile it and replace the images. Maybe add your own wallpapers while your in there. Make sure the XML texts match what ever your theme color is and check that apk of your to do list. :P

Milky Way
    Member #
    OK ignore that previous post I figured out what I did wrong and now have replaced image files but how do I get the launcher to work on the phone....do I have to completely replace the launcher.apk because its a system app?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Got it figured out. Thanks again everyone

Ads