Register

Rooted Galaxy Nexus and wireless tether don't work.

This is a discussion on Rooted Galaxy Nexus and wireless tether don't work. within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Helle Experts - This is my first post on this forum and am loving it here already. I bought my Galaxy Nexus two days ago ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Licher
  • 1 Post By Mujibar
  • 1 Post By smalltowngirl13
  • 1 Post By rayhodge02
  • 1 Post By stranger

Thread: Rooted Galaxy Nexus and wireless tether don't work.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Rooted Galaxy Nexus and wireless tether don't work.

Helle Experts - This is my first post on this forum and am loving it here already. I bought my Galaxy Nexus two days ago and rooted it flawlessly using Wugs Rootkit application. Amazing...amazing tutorial. If I could not go wrong, no one on this planet Earth will. So anyhow, it is all hunky dory with all the new rooted apps so far. I used Droid 2 before and until I got Gingerbread on it, I was enjoying my occassional usage of Wireless Tether (both Barnacle and OpenGarden). But after I upgraded to Gingerbread, I get the blockage message from Verizon. So anyway back to the story, does rooted G Nexus support wireless tether as yet? I don't want to get a different ROM for this app alone (I am too scared that I may brick the phone). I tried almost all the tether apps out there but with little luck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, I would like to make a donation to Wug's effort. Can someone point me in the right direction?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase!

As far as wireless tether, I'm using the Wireless Tether app and it works flawlessly (should work on all roms). You have to download the beta 3.1beta11 version (i think it's the top one).
    As far as Wug's donation go to this thread and go to the very bottom of the 1st post by Wug and there is a donate link there.
    Jammerules likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    Welcome to GNF!!
    Jammerules likes this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    655 times
    Twitter
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome! Did you get everything you needed?

~it's not just a phone~
    Jammerules likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    Yes I tried on a few roms and zero problems..oh Welcome to the forum
    Jammerules likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammerules View Post
    Helle Experts - This is my first post on this forum and am loving it here already. I bought my Galaxy Nexus two days ago and rooted it flawlessly using Wugs Rootkit application. Amazing...amazing tutorial. If I could not go wrong, no one on this planet Earth will. So anyhow, it is all hunky dory with all the new rooted apps so far. I used Droid 2 before and until I got Gingerbread on it, I was enjoying my occassional usage of Wireless Tether (both Barnacle and OpenGarden). But after I upgraded to Gingerbread, I get the blockage message from Verizon. So anyway back to the story, does rooted G Nexus support wireless tether as yet? I don't want to get a different ROM for this app alone (I am too scared that I may brick the phone). I tried almost all the tether apps out there but with little luck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also, I would like to make a donation to Wug's effort. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Some custom ROMs like AOKP or Axi0m supports tethring without any app.
    Jammerules likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Licher View Post
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase!

As far as wireless tether, I'm using the Wireless Tether app and it works flawlessly (should work on all roms). You have to download the beta 3.1beta11 version (i think it's the top one).
    As far as Wug's donation go to this thread and go to the very bottom of the 1st post by Wug and there is a donate link there.
    Works like a champ. And thanks for the donation link. Just donated. Have fun people...gosh I love it when things work my way :P

Milky Way
    Member #
    Sorry to piggyback this thread, but I've also rooted my Galaxy Nexus using Wugs tool kit, and this app doesn't work for me. I'm running 4.0.4. The SID is never visible for my other device, and I can't really tell if the tether is active. When I try to turn the tethering off, it gets stuck in some sort of loop and asks if I'm rooted. Any ideas?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nikonjunkie View Post
    Sorry to piggyback this thread, but I've also rooted my Galaxy Nexus using Wugs tool kit, and this app doesn't work for me. I'm running 4.0.4. The SID is never visible for my other device, and I can't really tell if the tether is active. When I try to turn the tethering off, it gets stuck in some sort of loop and asks if I'm rooted. Any ideas?
    Never mind--got it. Problem was an outdated su.zip. Voodoo Root Keeper was showing me as rooted, but Root Checker was not. Re-rooted, and all is working. For now. Fully expect Verizon to somehow disable this or try to charge me for something I'm already paying for.

Remove Ads

Ads