Register

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13]

This is a discussion on [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13] within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Originally Posted by chicsdiggit Has support on this thread suddenly dried up? I really want jellybeans and I'd also like to fix the underlying problem ...

Page 244 of 289 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2889
Like Tree577Likes

Thread: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13]

Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by chicsdiggit View Post
    Has support on this thread suddenly dried up? I really want jellybeans and I'd also like to fix the underlying problem and turn my phone into a Yakju build since i bought this one import.
    I am still programming. I am just one person, it's a lot of code and people to answer questions to. I am doing my best to keep up. The next version is near completion, has new features and is a major improvement. I am coding it as fast as I can. I will be more available for support once it's coded.

{{ WugFresh }}

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    I am still programming. I am just one person, it's a lot of code and people to answer questions to. I am doing my best to keep up. The next version is near completion, has new features and is a major improvement. I am coding it as fast as I can. I will be more available for support once it's coded.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Thank you sir.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Hi! New to this forum.

First off, thanks for helping me root my phone. This kit made it easy for even a clueless idiot of my caliber. But I have a few EXTREMELY dumb questions:

1. Will the method for putting Jellybean on a nexus that you posted work for my VERIZON galaxy nexus

"webtrickz - How to update to jelly bean"

2. When I rooted, I used the option "Permanent CWM"

Does that mean I have "Clock Work Mod"? Or am I totally mistaken. If I am mistaken, explain what I did if you can lol

3. Is there EVER a reason to unroot my phone and lock down the bootloader again?

Sorry for the stupid questions and thank you for the hard work and helping dumb-dumbs like me.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

bricked?

Hi, I no longer can boot my phone, it gets stuck with just ther Google text & padlock.
    I was upgrading from 4.04 to 4.1, a new 'Yakju' variant imported to Australia from Hong Kong.

I used the Root Toolkit to successfully backup, unlock, and root.
    When trying to flash the Google 4.1 image it failed at what I think was last step, with the command prompt window briefly flashing some sort of message about a write failure. It scrolled too quick for me to see.

I tried to manually the image by unzipping the contents of the Image and using the advanced utilities to flash the various images. This worked but I realised I forgot the boot image, so then tried flashing that and things failed but I forget what message sorry.

I have used the hard reset function to delete everything, taken battery out several times, had the hard reset appear to work properly but the moment I select reboot the Google text screen appears and nothing else happens.

The PC of course now doesn't recognise any ADB device etc.

I'm stuck of course and any help is appreciated.

[edit]
    resolved, a reboot of PC & many cable unplugs enabled me to use the tool 'Odin' to restore to a bootable state and apply factory image. Phone is now downloading JB all by itself. (woo)
    Last edited by Robbo; 08-08-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: update
    WugFresh likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    thanks, you are the man.

Milky Way
    Member #

Question Sprint Nexus with IMM76K

Greetings all,

I just replaced my beloved Evo on Monday with a shiny new Nexus from Sprint. I was looking to root it, but when asked what phone I have it's not in the list. The build my phone comes with is IMM76K, but that only shows up under Verizon. The latest build under Sprint is IMM76D. Should I choose that or the Verizon one? Or, is it asking what I'd like to install rather than what's on the phone now?

Thanks,
    -T

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensanity View Post
    Hi! New to this forum.

First off, thanks for helping me root my phone. This kit made it easy for even a clueless idiot of my caliber. But I have a few EXTREMELY dumb questions:

1. Will the method for putting Jellybean on a nexus that you posted work for my VERIZON galaxy nexus

"webtrickz - How to update to jelly bean"

2. When I rooted, I used the option "Permanent CWM"

Does that mean I have "Clock Work Mod"? Or am I totally mistaken. If I am mistaken, explain what I did if you can lol

3. Is there EVER a reason to unroot my phone and lock down the bootloader again?

Sorry for the stupid questions and thank you for the hard work and helping dumb-dumbs like me.
    1. There are no official Jelly Bean builds from Google for the Verizon Gnex yet. So in order to get Jelly bean, you need to find a Jelly Bean ROM and flash it with CWM. You can use the toolkits buttons to flash a ROM/AIO.zip to walk you through it. There are different Jelly Bean ROMs out there to choose from, some are very close to stock, some are modified more, pick whichever one you want.

2. Yes, CWM stands for Clock Work Mod Custom Recovery. You have it. You can restore stock recovery, with advanced utilities 'Flash stock recovery' button, if you ever want to.

3. No, unless you are sending it for warranty reasons.

No problem, not stupid questions.

{{ WugFresh }}

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    The D should work for K on Sprint. This will no longer be an issue at all in v1.5.3 which will support rooting any build. Should be done later today I hope.

{{ WugFresh }}

zxc
    Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    The D should work for K on Sprint. This will no longer be an issue at all in v1.5.3 which will support rooting any build. Should be done later today I hope.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Sometimes i wonder how you do it...it must be really tough to do those programming. Must be a very tiring process, going over and over again to test your codes...
    Thanks man for the great toolkit
    WugFresh likes this.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Very nice! Thanks very much for all of your hard work. I'll give the "D" a try today and see how it goes. But, in regard to my second question: is the question to determine what is going to be put on the phone or what's on it prior to running your utility? In other words, if I do the "D" build, will that flash "D" onto the phone?

Remove Ads

Ads