Register

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13]

This is a discussion on [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13] within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Yes, Verizon....

Page 241 of 289 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2889
Like Tree577Likes

Thread: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13]

Milky Way
    Member #
    Yes, Verizon.

Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanhooah View Post
    Yes, Verizon.
    Ok, honestly.. I don't even have to upload it, you can make the mod on your computer. If you are up now, send me an invite on gchat and hit me up. Wugfresh at gmail. We can get this sorted right now.

{{ WugFresh }}

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanhooah View Post
    Yes, Verizon.
    Glad we got it resolved.

{{ WugFresh }}

Milky Way
    Member #

Stuck at Hashcheck

Unfortunately my Galaxy Nexus is updated by Samsung, so I am trying to update manually following this instruction:

Easiest Way to Change Galaxy Nexus from Yakjuxw (Non-Yakju) to Android 4.1.1 Yakju/Takju

However, I run into a strange problem - the process stuck at the hash check step. I tried to use the tool automatically download a takju 4.04 Rom and manually download a takju 4.1.1 Rom. Either way, everything just stops at hash check. I checked the MD5 of my 4.1.1 download, it is the same as what is published online...

Anyone met similar problem?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by whwsp View Post
    Unfortunately my Galaxy Nexus is updated by Samsung, so I am trying to update manually following this instruction:

Easiest Way to Change Galaxy Nexus from Yakjuxw (Non-Yakju) to Android 4.1.1 Yakju/Takju

However, I run into a strange problem - the process stuck at the hash check step. I tried to use the tool automatically download a takju 4.04 Rom and manually download a takju 4.1.1 Rom. Either way, everything just stops at hash check. I checked the MD5 of my 4.1.1 download, it is the same as what is published online...

Anyone met similar problem?
    You have to enter the hashvalue into the toolkit for it to check it.

1. Download the factory image from google.
    2. Use the Flash Stock + Unroot Button
    3. Use the 'Other' Option
    4. Select the factory image package you downloaded.
    5. Wait for it to analyze the factory image package
    6. Then it will ask you to enter in the MD5sum:

Get the hashvalue from googles site: http://www.wugfresh.com/wp-content/u...hashvalues.jpg
    Copy paste it into the input field before pressing ok: http://www.wugfresh.com/wp-content/u...rhashvalue.jpg
    Then it will say you passed the hashcheck if your file is complete: http://www.wugfresh.com/wp-content/u...dtoextract.jpg

The toolkit has no way of know way of knowing a files hashvalue unless you use the autodownload feature. In that case I hard code the hashvalues in. If it fails the hashcheck with the autodownload, that means your internet connection was unstable and the toolkit just prevented you trying to flash an incomplete file. Hope that helps clear things up. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    You have to enter the hashvalue into the toolkit for it to check it.

1. Download the factory image from google.
    2. Use the Flash Stock + Unroot Button
    3. Use the 'Other' Option
    4. Select the factory image package you downloaded.
    5. Wait for it to analyze the factory image package
    6. Then it will ask you to enter in the MD5sum:

Get the hashvalue from googles site: http://www.wugfresh.com/wp-content/u...hashvalues.jpg
    Copy paste it into the input field before pressing ok: http://www.wugfresh.com/wp-content/u...rhashvalue.jpg
    Then it will say you passed the hashcheck if your file is complete: http://www.wugfresh.com/wp-content/u...dtoextract.jpg

The toolkit has no way of know way of knowing a files hashvalue unless you use the autodownload feature. In that case I hard code the hashvalues in. If it fails the hashcheck with the autodownload, that means your internet connection was unstable and the toolkit just prevented you trying to flash an incomplete file. Hope that helps clear things up. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Thanks for the reply. I did input the MD5 code in the box, and then click OK. But nothing happened... I also tried the autodoanload, which also stopped at the hashcheck step. I left the computer on for one whole night and it was still at the hashcheck the next morning, even though the download has been marked as complete. This couldn't be right.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate X64.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Need Help. Don't know if this was ROM related, probably isn't because I have heard of this happening before, but I was running AOKP Jelly Bean Preview 6 (Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Verizon) when last night my power button was sporadically not working (wouldn't lock the screen, couldn't get to power menu from unlocked screen). I did a battery pull a couple of times and upon restarting it would work fine until acting up again. This morning I did the same battery pull and now I cant get it back on. When I plug it into the charger, the screen with the charging indicator does pop up, but still cannot get it to power on. I have no idea what to do now as I cannot get into the bootloader (Power + Volume Keys) which based on the help file prevents me from using the Nexus Root tool Kit to return to stock and hopefully replace/ the phone with Verizon. Anyone have any ideas / solutions to this problem or successfully get a replacement from Verizon by returning a phone with a custom ROM on it?

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by whwsp View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I did input the MD5 code in the box, and then click OK. But nothing happened... I also tried the autodoanload, which also stopped at the hashcheck step. I left the computer on for one whole night and it was still at the hashcheck the next morning, even though the download has been marked as complete. This couldn't be right.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate X64.
    Try re downloading and installing the toolkit. In those screen shots I posted above, I did the exact procedure you are talking about, and it worked. I tried it on multiple machines, one of which runs Windows 7 x64 Ultimate; that's actually the first machine I tried on and is the one I took screen shots with. The hash check should only take a minute max..

{{ WugFresh }}

Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyb9 View Post
    Need Help. Don't know if this was ROM related, probably isn't because I have heard of this happening before, but I was running AOKP Jelly Bean Preview 6 (Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Verizon) when last night my power button was sporadically not working (wouldn't lock the screen, couldn't get to power menu from unlocked screen). I did a battery pull a couple of times and upon restarting it would work fine until acting up again. This morning I did the same battery pull and now I cant get it back on. When I plug it into the charger, the screen with the charging indicator does pop up, but still cannot get it to power on. I have no idea what to do now as I cannot get into the bootloader (Power + Volume Keys) which based on the help file prevents me from using the Nexus Root tool Kit to return to stock and hopefully replace/ the phone with Verizon. Anyone have any ideas / solutions to this problem or successfully get a replacement from Verizon by returning a phone with a custom ROM on it?
    You are going to want to buy something on ebay called a USB jig. Or you could make one if you like tinkering with a soldering gun. They typically only cost a few bucks and will help you out with your non functioning power button problem.

{{ WugFresh }}

Milky Way
    Member #
    Is that just a temporary stop gap until I return it to factory state? Am I better off just trying to get a replacement as is?

Remove Ads

Ads