Register

[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13]

This is a discussion on [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13] within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; The program has not prompted me to plug in the device. Per the instructions. Use the "Drivers" option to make sure all your drivers get ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 289 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2889
Like Tree577Likes

Thread: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.7 [Updated 08/06/13]

Milky Way
    Member #
    The program has not prompted me to plug in the device. Per the instructions. Use the "Drivers" option to make sure all your drivers get configured properly.
    • This is a crucial step. Nothing else will work otherwise, so make sure your drivers are properly configured before you try doing anything else with this program.
    Should I plug it in before the drivers are properly installed?

Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Check out this great video tutorial on thedroiddemos:

{{ WugFresh }}

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Not sure if it's just me but the imbedded video isn't working. Here is a link

How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Nexus [Video Walkthrough] | The Droid Demos
    WugFresh likes this.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    Wug,

I will check put the video. I get a message the drivers are already installed on my computer. Do you want to proceed anyway? V1.4.6.0
    Should I proceed?

I watched the video and looked on my pc. I don't have either of (or any more that I can see) of the drivers mentioned).

I think I am ok proceed. Not sure if I will get to it tonight or not.

Thanks
    Last edited by Dean_53; 02-25-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    OK, long time listener, first time caller. Just made the jump to Android, after some "not so bright guy" decided he would trade me straight across his GN and 2 cases, extra charger, and beats earbuds for my 16gb white 4S and 2 cases. It's so nice to be able to manipulate the OS and do stuff to the phone.

So, I have the Verizon CDMA version and went step by step originally thru the long method of installing the ADB Shell and so forth, but could not ever get it to root. Unlocking was no problem. I was fairly certain it was the USB driver issue after reading all over this forum and the rootzwiki, so I decided to use Wug's kit and proceed.

Everything seemed to go as planned, but here's my problem. I'm not sure what the previous owner did to the phone. When I had it transferred to my account the store did a factory wipe and reset. Superuser says that it does not have root access and when doing the virtual terminal, it does not ever change the $ to the #. Also the app to check for root says it is not properly rooted.

Rom Manager says that the clockwork recovery must be installed, but when I do a fastboot and go to recovery, it is clearly installed. When I explore the phones directory I can see the Image in the root of the drive as well. Furthermore, I get an error in Rom Manager where it tries to install the software, then it hangs up and the end and either force closes, or says it failed due to priveledged permission or something.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the PO rooting, and then my computer does not have the files associated with said root, or what. I was planning on using Wugs to restore and relock and go through the entire process again, but would like to avoid this if possible. I also am unable to purchase anything from the Android Market that is not free, but Google Wallet is set up and I am able to use all other google apps as normal.

Suggestions.

Milky Way
    Member #
    I checked out the tutorial and followed along. I got an error when installing the driver. (Something went wrong) I know isn't part of the tutorial.

I tried installing the drivers on 2 windows 7 machines and it didn't work. What are the steps for the manual driver configuration.? I saw on the other kit something about installing the PDA net driver. Should I do that?

Thanks,
    Deano

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean_53 View Post
    I checked out the tutorial and followed along. I got an error when installing the driver. (Something went wrong) I know isn't part of the tutorial.

I tried installing the drivers on 2 windows 7 machines and it didn't work. What are the steps for the manual driver configuration.? I saw on the other kit something about installing the PDA net driver. Should I do that?

Thanks,
    Deano
    The 2nd post of this thread contain instructions for manual driver configuration.
    -Stephen
    Need Help? Don't panic (yet) Call the Rescue Squad!

"On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs"

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks, I will take a look at that and post any further questions!

Milky Way
    Member #
    I screwed up when I used to tool. I have a GSM phone but forgot to check this option when I followed the procedure (I left it at CDMA). I followed everything else in the procedure. The phone seems to be working afterwards. But how do I know that it is rooted/unlocked? If I were to repeat some step to fix my problem, where should I restart? At the "Unlock" or "Root" stage?

Thanks

Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    Quote Originally Posted by need4greed View Post
    I screwed up when I used to tool. I have a GSM phone but forgot to check this option when I followed the procedure (I left it at CDMA). I followed everything else in the procedure. The phone seems to be working afterwards. But how do I know that it is rooted/unlocked? If I were to repeat some step to fix my problem, where should I restart? At the "Unlock" or "Root" stage?

Thanks
    You will know if its unlocked, by the little unlocked icon during the google boot up screen. You can test to see if its rooted by going into your app drawer, opening Super User, then updating it through its settings menu. Super User will need to grant it self super user permissions in order to update. If you successfully update Super User, then you can know for sure that you are updated.

Technically if you used ROM Manager to reflash clockworkmod recovery, and you selected the proper device through that, then you don't need to repeat anything. If you were to repeat the process you could start at root. The only difference is that it flashes a different ClockworkMod Recovery. Selecting the right device is way more crucial if you were flashing back to stock. In your case, simply reflashing the correct Clockwork mod recovery, either through my app or ROM manager is all you need to do.

{{ WugFresh }}

Ads