Register

[How-To] Softkey Mods [WIP] installs with update.zip in CWM

This is a discussion on [How-To] Softkey Mods [WIP] installs with update.zip in CWM within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking & Mods [LTE/CDMA] forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Which ones are you trying to change? You sure your changing the right ones? Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: [How-To] Softkey Mods [WIP] installs with update.zip in CWM

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    Which ones are you trying to change? You sure your changing the right ones?

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Which ones are you trying to change? You sure your changing the right ones?

res/drawable-xhdpi icon.png I have actually tried changing that not only in xhdpi but almost all the drawable folders..mainly just as a test to see if i could get it to work..... Like I said I have had no issues with system apps and in my blank.zip I got from your softkey mod its set up as data, Meta-Inf, and system. I put the revised chrome apk in data/app then flash the zip. Nothing changes. I have other modified apps in system/app too....not sure if that makes a difference in flashing multiple apks at once?
    Last edited by droidnex; 07-04-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    Have you tried un installing chrome before you flashed your modded one?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Have you tried un installing chrome before you flashed your modded one?

Just tried your suggestion....When I uninstall chrome then flash the zip with the modded chrome....it doesn't show up in app drawer nor in data/app using root explorer as my file manager. So I try manually extracting it from the zip file and pasting it in data/app and change permissions to rw-r-r...try installing the apk no luck. says app didn't install.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    You could try to flash it or move it to system/app. But I have a feeling it's the app. I've had the same problem with some apps on my original Droid. Are you using a theme changer app by chance? That would cause similar problems.

Milky Way
    Member #
    No theme changing app being used. I've tried everything I can think of. I will try a non Google app to see if I can get that to work but I'd still like to know how people go about changing or themeing Google apps.? If you know of any info I can look into it would be much appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    This is a little more in depth, but this is how they do it;
    http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1558171

Milky Way
    Member #
    Thanks a ton.....I've used apktool a bit....I'll look into it tomorrow. Thanks again

Milky Way
    Member #
    This is a little more in depth, but this is how they do it;
    android-apktool - A tool for reverse engineering Android apk files - Google Project Hosting
    [MODDING/THEMING] Apktool for ICS apks - xda-developers

Ok Im back...... thanks again for the apktool direction I have messed with it before with no luck. So here is my question for you. I can decompile chrome.apk edit the png files and recompile it. replace the original chrome.apk images with the chrome.apk that I compiled with apktool (which isn't signed) so I had to replace the files, Put the signed chrome.apk in the data/app folder of my .zip.... flash and still none of the images are changed. Is it something to do with my .zip? I can push chrome to system apps fix permissions and it works with the changes made if I flash it through system/app in my .zip. Eventually it starts to Force close and thats just a pain. Plus I would like to make a .zip for some of my buddies to flash the new icons. This is driving my nuts.....have no issues with system apps just data/apps.... any ideas would be a great help.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    856 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidnex View Post
    Ok Im back...... thanks again for the apktool direction I have messed with it before with no luck. So here is my question for you. I can decompile chrome.apk edit the png files and recompile it. replace the original chrome.apk images with the chrome.apk that I compiled with apktool (which isn't signed) so I had to replace the files, Put the signed chrome.apk in the data/app folder of my .zip.... flash and still none of the images are changed. Is it something to do with my .zip? I can push chrome to system apps fix permissions and it works with the changes made if I flash it through system/app in my .zip. Eventually it starts to Force close and thats just a pain. Plus I would like to make a .zip for some of my buddies to flash the new icons. This is driving my nuts.....have no issues with system apps just data/apps.... any ideas would be a great help.
    Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. I've had that problem before, I think it has to do with the way it's signed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

Ads