Register

[TOOL] Root / Unlock - Unroot / Lock [Mac]

This is a discussion on [TOOL] Root / Unlock - Unroot / Lock [Mac] within the Galaxy Nexus Hacking Guides forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Development category; Welcome to the forum. You are in a boot loop (something went wrong with flashing of that tbh rom). Most likely it was a bad ...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: [TOOL] Root / Unlock - Unroot / Lock [Mac]

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Welcome to the forum. You are in a boot loop (something went wrong with flashing of that tbh rom). Most likely it was a bad file that caused this. Do you have CWM recovery installed by chance?

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_gyver View Post
    Welcome to the forum. You are in a boot loop (something went wrong with flashing of that tbh rom). Most likely it was a bad file that caused this. Do you have CWM recovery installed by chance?
    i believ I installed it when I first rooted yes, although when I looked through the boot loader under backups and restore it said there were no files for either (if that helps).

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    While in bootloader use the volume buttons to navigate to "recovery", tap power button and you should be in CWM recovery. From there you can either flash a different rom or a nandroid backup (if you made a backup). Let me know how that goes.

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    While in bootloader use the volume buttons to navigate to "recovery", tap power button and you should be in CWM recovery. From there you can either flash a different rom or a nandroid backup (if you made a backup). Let me know how that goes.
    haha! nice. i dont know why i didnt think of that...... anyways, im out of the loop. thanks a bunch man. although, im still having my original problem. when i try to unroot with this method, it cant find my phone. i have usb debugging on and when i plug in my phone, it says device not found. however, i can still access android file transfer successfully. any ideas?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    See if you can turn off MTP (it might have come with it checked). Settings>storage>menu dots>usb computer connection.

Milky Way
    Member #
    See if you can turn off MTP (it might have come with it checked). Settings>storage>menu dots>usb computer connection.
    it came checked, but i can only turn it off if i switch to the other option, PTP, but that doesnt do anything either.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Try switching to PTP and reboot phone (unplugged from your MAC).

Milky Way
    Member #
    still no luck. so i rebooted with it still checked on PTP. after it rebooted i rechecked MTP and still, no device found. ive tried this in both USB ports.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    One common problem is PDA Net causing adb to not see the device. Use Finder or Spotlight to search your Mac for any pieces of PDA Net, uninstall whatever you find. Also, make sure you are using the stock Samsung cable that came with the device.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KDS View Post
    One common problem is PDA Net causing adb to not see the device. Use Finder or Spotlight to search your Mac for any pieces of PDA Net, uninstall whatever you find. Also, make sure you are using the stock Samsung cable that came with the device.
    still nothing. i looked all over my comp and i have nothing related to PDA net (its a new macbook anyways and i never used anything associated with PDAs) and i also tried using 3 other cables i had and still nothing. Im sure the problem is lying somewhere deep in the bowels of my phone, just not exactly sure where. Im really just glad my phone is up and running again. I have a friend who has a PC and so ill try out the one click method on his computer later and see if i can get any luck there.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads