Register

Bluetooth 4.0 question

This is a discussion on Bluetooth 4.0 question within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hello Forum, I recently started looking at wrist watches that could connect to my Galaxy Nexus via Bluetooth. My principal interest being to have a ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Bluetooth 4.0 question

Hello Forum, I recently started looking at wrist watches that could connect to my Galaxy Nexus via Bluetooth.
    My principal interest being to have a discreet vibrating alert on my wrist when a call or message came in and for alarms etc.

I actually wear hearing aids and struggle to pick up even some of the louder ring tones if I am in a noisy environment, and have also found that the vibrating aspect of the phone is not that strong and can be missed.

Anyway discovered devices that would do this but the best of them used bluetooth 4.0 because of the smaller power requirement and hence less need to recharge watch batteries.

My question and I confess up front that I know nothing about Bluetooth other than my GNex uses Bluetooth 3, is whether there would be anyway to establish a Bluetooth 4 connection with my much loved phone.

Maybe this is ridiculous, but was thinking that their might be a micro usb tiny dongle (nano receiver) or something that would achieve this. Would not be pretty, but if small enough would be discreet enough.

Or maybe the phone can not fundamentally be made to do this. Just curious, as don't want to upgrade in the foreseeable future.

I assume their are plenty of techno gurus on the forum who can set me straight with this, Thanks in advance as always !!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    I can't really answer your question, but if you have one or two that you are really interested in I would contact the manufacturer to make sure.
    A model, idiot.

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeems View Post
    I can't really answer your question, but if you have one or two that you are really interested in I would contact the manufacturer to make sure.
    Thanks Jeems, in the absence of a technical answer, that is a great suugestion, thanks Dave

Milky Way
    Member #
    I have the Sony Smartwatch and it does exactly what you want it to. I highly recommend it.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    78 times

Re: Bluetooth 4.0 question

I also use the Sony smart watch with my gnex and it hasn't let me down yet. I pair my phone with that, and a bluetooth headset as I have mobility issues. This allows me to continue on my way when I am on the phone, it does have an impact on battery but, a spare battery isn't a huge thing to stick in your pocket.

Thumb danced from my GNex
    Galaxy Nexus i9250 - stock
    Motorola Xoom wifi - Rooted - Recovery:TWRP Rom: EOS3 nightly 155
    Sony smart watch

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thank you JScott and Sonicaholic, I will have a look at the Sony smart watch.

Ads