Register

Really low score on Browsermark

This is a discussion on Really low score on Browsermark within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; ... with my GN. I get scores between 300-600 when in normal cases I should get over 3000 at the least. I did a total ...

djchristian

Really low score on Browsermark

... with my GN. I get scores between 300-600 when in normal cases I should get over 3000 at the least. I did a total reset and it didn't help.

And I have the screen on during the whole test with the help of developer tools and with the charger cable attached.

What's wrong?

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by djchristian; 01-26-2013 at 11:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Seems to me like Browsermark is just a benchmark but for your browser. Realistically, do you notice a difference in performance after you started using browsermark?

I have to admit I don't really believe in benchmarks because when used in everyday situations, benchmarks are just numbers, imo at least.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times

Re: Really low score on Browsermark

Yeah they don't paint a true picture, i would say if you do a benchmark i would suggest Antutu and do 10 benchmarks then give it an average score from them!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

djchristian

Sv: Really low score on Browsermark

Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Seems to me like Browsermark is just a benchmark but for your browser. Realistically, do you notice a difference in performance after you started using browsermark?

I have to admit I don't really believe in benchmarks because when used in everyday situations, benchmarks are just numbers, imo at least.
    I find it strange none the less. Do you get the same results?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by djchristian View Post
    I find it strange none the less. Do you get the same results?

Nope, I don't use or really believe in benchmark scores as they don't really apply to "everyday use". However, if you are running a ROM and switched that or your kernel it could yield different results.

It's also a possibility anything running in the background may effect the score. Or if the app was updated to run on the latest software (JellyBean in this case) whereas the prior version was optimized for say, Gingerbread or ICS, that may also yield different results.
    Last edited by dezymond; 01-28-2013 at 12:46 AM.

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    210 times

Re: Really low score on Browsermark

Just try antutu coz it'll test more true to everyday usage and like dezy said play around with kernels and ROMs coz all our phone behave dif. Make sure you don't have bucket loads of memory bashers in the background running like Facebook etc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads

Ads