Register

Erase Cache Memory

This is a discussion on Erase Cache Memory within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; hey guys, can any1 please tell me what all things will get erased if i wipe Cache memory n dalvic cache.....

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By paul_gyver

Thread: Erase Cache Memory

Milky Way
    Member #

Smile Erase Cache Memory

hey guys,
    can any1 please tell me what all things will get erased if i wipe Cache memory n dalvic cache..

2. # ADS
    Ads

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    "The reason the Wipe Cache must be used is because all apks, including system apks, have a dex file attached to it, when the ROM is booted up for the first time, Android's Dalvik goes through each and every one of those apks, and extract the dex file from it and place it in the cache /data/dalvik-cachethereby speeding up the execution of the app itself.
    Most ROMs have apks that are odex 'ed, the cache is bundled into the apk itself as an external file.
    A lot of custom ROM modders would have those apks deodex 'd, meaning the dex file is replaced and repackaged to make it easier to theme/modify an apk.
    When you flash a custom ROM, and did not wipe the cache, the newer custom ROM's apk's will have a different dex file attached to it, and when the Dalvik goes through them, it sees the existing cached dex file found in the directory, and skips it, then when you run the app, you're guaranteed a force close or ANR (Application Not Responding)."

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Milky Way
    Member #
    hey paul_gyver
    thanks for the explanation
    can u please tell me wat will happen if i wipe cache and dalvic cache..i mean do contacts or messgs or anythng els will get erased...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times

Re: Erase Cache Memory

No those will not be erased. You will be safe to wipe caches.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Milky Way
    Member #
    hey paul
    m tryn dis cache erase cz my galaxy nexus isnt getn detectd on my XP sp2 (nor on my sony bravia ex710 led ), have wmp 11, mtppk12.exe installed, have samsung drivers installed, den too it says intf2 driver not found ..can u help me out.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Do you have usb fast charge enabled somewhere? It's not a driver issue but more of a kernel issue.

Milky Way
    Member #
    paul thanks for ur concern,
    how shud i check whether fast charge is enabled or disabled,i had installed an app for toggling fast charge but it dint work it said ur kernel doesnt support fast charge...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    I take it that you are on stock rom and are not rooted. I suggest you do a factory data reset. It should overwrite whatever borked your kernel.

Milky Way
    Member #
    my phone is rooted..cz i hv su privileges..wat shud i d

Milky Way
    Member #
    Deleteing data from a smartphone can be recovered. So even if you try to remove it, it may disappear from android ,but the data can easy be found back to android phone with some recovery tools ,
    So you need to permanently wipe out android data with Erasephone , which can deeply remove everything from android and no one can recover them from phone ,including SMS,contacts,photos,videos,files,music,app,and other files ect,
    Last edited by Kentery; 12-22-2016 at 12:22 AM.

Remove Ads

Ads