Register

New Galaxy Nexus is Dead - will not charge or respond in anyway

This is a discussion on New Galaxy Nexus is Dead - will not charge or respond in anyway within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I dropped my Gnex four days ago and the screen cracked (even though it had on an Otterbox Commuter case). It's been working fine despite ...

Milky Way
    Member #

New Galaxy Nexus is Dead - will not charge or respond in anyway

I dropped my Gnex four days ago and the screen cracked (even though it had on an Otterbox Commuter case). It's been working fine despite the crack and last night, I charged the phone and then unplugged it before going to bed. I turned off wi-fi and bluetooth to save the battery life, put the phone on sleep and went to sleep myself.

By the time I woke up in the morning, the phone was almost totally drained and would not respond to being charged.

Now the phone is completely dead and will not charge. I can't get anything to happen....simply zero response. A pure black screen.

Suppose it could be that I need a new battery but am concerned that it's related to "the drop".

Any ideas/advice? Is there a way to reset the phone apart from taking out the battery?

Thanks...

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Managed to fix it by going through this process:
    Originally Posted by NordicNinja
    Hey Guys,

This happened to me as well and I got it working again.

I went to bed and when I woke up I turned my phone on but the unlock screen was unresponsive. I pressed and held the power button and I felt it vibrate which normally happens when you are presented with the power down options, however nothing came on the screen, it was still at the lock slider. So I did a battery pull, reset it, checked a web page and then went back to bed. When I woke up again, there was nothing but a black screen and pressing the power button did nothing.

I figured maybe the battery had fully discharged. I plugged it into the wall with the supplied charger for a few minutes, nothing. Plugged it into the computer with the supplied USB cable, nothing. Plugged it into the wall using my Blackberry charger, nothing. Tried doing all of the volume + power button combos while plugged in, nothing. Tried battery pull and still nothing.

To get it working again I unplugged it from the USB and then took out battery and the SIM card. While the battery and SIM were out I held the power button down for 10 seconds, thinking that there might be some built up power/static that needed to be discharged. I replaced the SIM card and battery and as soon as I plugged the USB cable in, the battery charging symbol appeared. Left it for a few minutes and then pressed power and voila, it was back.

Now, as I said before I thought that maybe the battery had fully discharged... However upon powering up my battery was at 45% Very weird.

Anyways, that's my story. Maybe my idea of holding the power button with the battery and SIM card out had an effect, maybe not, I don't know. But if you find yourself in this situation I'd say that it's worth a shot.

Phone died and won't charge? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Remove Ads

Ads