Register

Lost Photos During Rooting. Any Hope of Recovery?

This is a discussion on Lost Photos During Rooting. Any Hope of Recovery? within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I succesfully Rooted my Nexus, meticulously following Wug's backup options, making copies of EVERYTHING. But, when I went to restore, all the photos EXCEPT those ...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times

Lost Photos During Rooting. Any Hope of Recovery?

I succesfully Rooted my Nexus, meticulously following Wug's backup options, making copies of EVERYTHING. But, when I went to restore, all the photos EXCEPT those in the camera itself restored. That's several hundred photos I would like to have back. In the past, my phone got wiped by accident, I was able to attach it to my MAC as an external drive and do a restore with Data Recovery II, which is some of the best of its kind on the market. But, MAC doesn't automatically recognize my Galaxy Nexus as a USB and, though ICAN use the Android File Transfer software program, I CAN'T get my Data Recovery II software to view it as an external drive, which is needed to recover the photos.

So... what to do? Again, I already tried to do a restore of the Android Backup file and the Data/Media File, to no avail. Do I need to revert to stock to run those restores, in order to see if my photos are still there? Also, I tried using some kind of free photo recovery software on my PC, and it said the phone doesn't recognize as FAT32 file structure (even my old Palm OS and WebOS devices registered as FAT32), so it can't do a restore.

Am I completely out of luck?

thanks
    Last edited by gedansky; 10-29-2012 at 03:33 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1124 times
    I think your out of luck a lot of times people do back ups or root soon as they get their phone......maybe somebody else will chime in

Milky Way
    Member #
    have you recovered your lost photos or they are gone forever? I need the answer.

edit:
    for thos who are still looking for how to recover photos from samsung galaxy phone, you can follow this guide:
    Samsung Galaxy photo recovery guide
    Last edited by angela189; 06-26-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    You can safely recover all your Android phone pictures using Android Photo Recovery. The tool is capable of recovering lost or deleted text messages, call history, Whatsapp contacts, messages and media files. It supports recovery from internal and external memory of your Android device. If your device is rooted successfully, it can help you recover the lost photos on Android with high rate of success. Give it a try!
    Last edited by magratewalker; 03-15-2016 at 12:55 AM. Reason: improve ideas

Milky Way
    Member #
    Yeah, I also think a recovery tool can be helpful. Android photo recovery can be realized easilt.

Just give it a try.
    Last edited by Sheila; 03-20-2016 at 08:46 PM.

Milky Way
    Member #
    In fact, it is a common case to lose the phone data. You may delete them accidently, or your device may be attacked by virus and so on. But on no account can you let it be. Instead, you should try to restore them. And here, Android Data Recovery, a very effective recovery tool, is your best choice. The program is dedicated to recover data in Android, including pictures, music and videos. Now you can use it to recover deleted photos on Samsung device as soon as possible.

Milky Way
    Member #

Android Data Recovery can helps to Recover Deleted Text Messages, Contacts, Videos, Photos, Call logs, Whatsapp Messages and other Document Files from Android Phone and SD card. So, you can easily recover lost data from a root Android phone.

Remove Ads

Ads