Register

how the hell do i disable that Google shortcut from home button ? ?

This is a discussion on how the hell do i disable that Google shortcut from home button ? ? within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; i like the slide out menu from this phone's new browser very much, however if i put the phone horizontal and watch a website in ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Milky Way
    Member #

how the hell do i disable that Google shortcut from home button ? ?

i like the slide out menu from this phone's new browser very much, however if i put the phone horizontal and watch a website in landscape there is a big problem. if i try to bring out that menu with my right thumb. it will always end up with google shortcut and then kick me back either to home screen(if my finger touched the home button) or send me to google search. so annoying not like i need another google search shortcut on this phone, if i am already in the browser why would i need shortcut for goole search, and there is already a bar u can put text directly in to search anyway. please see below images if u donno what im talking about.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Milky Way
    Member #
    Agreed 100% and thank you for posting the screenshots. I would like to know the answer to this question too.

@vcreation: can you please show me how you took the 2nd screenshot?

Spotlight Member
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I would also like to know how to disable that feature. As for the screenshots, you can download Screenshot it Trial, from the Market. If you are rooted, the app works flawlessly, and is supposed to work just as well if you are not, however, you will have to download a different app. I believe the cost is like $4, but it works very well. What it does, is you set the delay before the phone takes a snapshot. This delay gives you enough time to do what you want, or get to the screen you want, before it takes the photo. Other than that, it does everything else on its own. Worth the look.
    -Arborij

CDMA Galaxy Nexus
    JBSourcery v. 2.2.4
    KernelSanders 3.0.41
    Well, for today anyway

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times

Re: how the hell do i disable that Google shortcut from home button ? ?

Also check out Screenshot ER Demo or Screenshot UX Trial.

~ GNexified ~

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Or you can just hold the home button to get the google icon to appear and then while holding that, hit volume down and power buttons at the same time. This uses the built in screenshot feature. As for the making the Google shortcut disappear, I believe the only way to do that is to uninstall Google Now adn replace it with the plain old Google Search. There is a .zip that can be flashed to do this in this XDA thread. I have not tested this on the GN, so flash at your own risk. I did use it on my Toshiba Thrive and it worked, but again, flash at your own risk.

Developer
    GalaxyNexusForum.com Developer

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    Twitter
    wugfresh
    You could flash the ROM Codename or a CyanogenMod build, they have options in the "Interface" sub menu item in Settings which allows you to customize all the lock screen slider positions. You can have up 5 and modify exactly what they do and their icon. If you want to know a manual method, I don't know off the top of my head... I would have to dig around a bit.

{{ WugFresh }}

Ads