Register

[Soft Brick] Galaxy Nexus - Need Help

This is a discussion on [Soft Brick] Galaxy Nexus - Need Help within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Hi, I am currently living in Australia and am using the Galaxy Nexus under Vodafone. The phone was originally running 4.0.4 firmware, with a "Build ...

Milky Way
    Member #

[Soft Brick] Galaxy Nexus - Need Help

Hi, I am currently living in Australia and am using the Galaxy Nexus under Vodafone. The phone was originally running 4.0.4 firmware, with a "Build Number" of IMM76K. I researched it and found that it was the Verizon CMDA model of the phone and decided to root, unlock
    fastboot and flash a rom. It was working fine except the new ROM did not work with my SIM card and I decided to bring it back to factory setting. So I decided to use ODIN and flash the 4.0.2 ICL53F Build ROM. During the process, I received an error saying:

<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
    <ID:0/008> File analysis..
    <ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/008> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/008> recovery.img
    <ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/008> system.img
    <ID:0/008> userdata.img
    <ID:0/008>
    <ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I decided to restart my phone by pulling out the battery as it was no responding. Upon turning on the phone, I received a screen with an icon of the phone, two dots, a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark, two dots and a computer screen. I believe this is a soft-brick. I tried to flash it back to factory settings again but once again received the error message from above. I have tried countless reattempts of flashing back to factory settings, however no luck in doing so.

I can not enter fastboot mode as when I turn on my device, it brings me straight to that specific screen and I am only able to access download mode by holding the volume-down button and connecting my device to the computer.

I am thankful if anyway may be of assistance to me.

Alex P.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Try Wug's toolkit

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    979 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thanhtrungpham View Post

Hi, I am currently living in Australia and am using the Galaxy Nexus under Vodafone. The phone was originally running 4.0.4 firmware, with a "Build Number" of IMM76K. I researched it and found that it was the Verizon CMDA model of the phone and decided to root, unlock
    fastboot and flash a rom. It was working fine except the new ROM did not work with my SIM card and I decided to bring it back to factory setting. So I decided to use ODIN and flash the 4.0.2 ICL53F Build ROM. During the process, I received an error saying:

<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
    <ID:0/008> File analysis..
    <ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/008> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/008> recovery.img
    <ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/008> system.img
    <ID:0/008> userdata.img
    <ID:0/008>
    <ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I decided to restart my phone by pulling out the battery as it was no responding. Upon turning on the phone, I received a screen with an icon of the phone, two dots, a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark, two dots and a computer screen. I believe this is a soft-brick. I tried to flash it back to factory settings again but once again received the error message from above. I have tried countless reattempts of flashing back to factory settings, however no luck in doing so.

I can not enter fastboot mode as when I turn on my device, it brings me straight to that specific screen and I am only able to access download mode by holding the volume-down button and connecting my device to the computer.

I am thankful if anyway may be of assistance to me.

Alex P.
    Well I'm pretty sure your phone was not a Verizon phone as Vodafone GN uses GSM. Verizon GN phones can not be used in other countries unless hardware is physically changed on it. IMM76K is the source code from AOSP and they do have both GSM and LTE. I think you flashed the wrong build on your phone and that is why nothing is taking. You need to flash roms that are for GSM only. Also you need to find the GSM odin files to flash back to stock. You should be able to do it since you say you can still get into download mode. You do not need to check pit when using odin. Good luck!!

Before you flash anything can you get back to stock? How to get back to stock using Odin

Have you backed up your files and pictures? I see too many desperate cries for help recovering deleted priceless pictures with no solution.

Need to hard reset? How to Hard Reset-Factory Data Reset.

Remove Ads

Ads