Register

What's the easiest way to convert from yakjujp to yakju?

This is a discussion on What's the easiest way to convert from yakjujp to yakju? within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; I have stock yakjujp 4.0.4 unrooted. I want to covert to yakju and looking for the easiest way to do so. Is there a simple ...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

What's the easiest way to convert from yakjujp to yakju?

I have stock yakjujp 4.0.4 unrooted. I want to covert to yakju and looking for the easiest way to do so. Is there a simple or easy way to do so? Thanks for advance!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. # ADS
    Ads

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I used this toolkit
    [GNex TOOLKIT V7.4 Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [LTE]

It is very easy, but of course you will have to unlock to do so, this means loosing all SD card.

With this tool you can even flash to JellyBean Official. Just try it out, its pretty straight foward, every option you select will have a small explanation of what you are about to do and what will happen.

I know I used this tool to unlock, root, push files, nandroid, flash back to stock 4.0.4 yakju.
    Galaxy Nexus
    GSM Videotron
    SlimBean 4.2.2 build 2
    Kernel Franco 366

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm real a newbie. From what you said, I understand that first I have to unlock using that toolkit, then flash the official yakju through the same toolkit? Am I supposed to flash yakju 4.0.4 then update through OTA, it directly flash the 4.1.1? Do I have to choose between different builds, which one is for my device?

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Feenx888 View Post
    I used this toolkit
    [GNex TOOLKIT V7.4 Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MUCH MORE [LTE]

It is very easy, but of course you will have to unlock to do so, this means loosing all SD card.

With this tool you can even flash to JellyBean Official. Just try it out, its pretty straight foward, every option you select will have a small explanation of what you are about to do and what will happen.

I know I used this tool to unlock, root, push files, nandroid, flash back to stock 4.0.4 yakju.
    I have to unlock the phone? My phone is unlocked GSM, I didn't buy it from a carrier but directly from Samsung and I paid the full price. Or is it another kind of unlocking? I'm confused, please clear this point for me. Thanks!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    585 times
    Twitter
    thephantom_dra
    You need to unlock the bootloader to perform flashing.

Jellybean on my Galaxy Nexus
    LG Nexus 5 / Nokia Lumia 1520 / Asus Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
    teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Shaaban View Post
    I have to unlock the phone? My phone is unlocked GSM, I didn't buy it from a carrier but directly from Samsung and I paid the full price. Or is it another kind of unlocking? I'm confused, please clear this point for me. Thanks!

No problem on that side then. Unlock means your bootloader is unlocked and you should see an unlocked locker when your phone boots with Google.

Since you said you are total noob with this, may I suggest that you take your time to read and find the info on this forum before doing anything. Even I took 2 months of searching, reading and once I felt comfortable with it I chose to use the Gnex Toolkit from mskip. Everything seems a little overwhelming at first since there is alot of info but after that everything is really easy to understand.

So at first I would suggest you go read the link I pointed up...mskip gives alot of info in his FAQ.

Search this forum as this is how I manage to get all the info I needed to root, flash, unlock, backup, flash radios, bootanimations, roms, kernels...

You can always go see this link too http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/foru...axy-nexus.html

This is a good guide for starters on how to flash etc. He also explains how to use another popular toolkit Wug's Toolkit.

Just take your time, the OS you have right now on your phone is not bad.

If you are familiar with installing drivers on your pc, or already got that part done for your phone, then go ahead and try installing Gnex toolkit and give it a try. The key is to read carefully and backup..backup...ho did I say to backup... hehe
    Galaxy Nexus
    GSM Videotron
    SlimBean 4.2.2 build 2
    Kernel Franco 366

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for clearning the confusion. Do I have to relock it after flashing? Does it make any difference? Thanks!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Shaaban View Post
    Thanks for clearning the confusion. Do I have to relock it after flashing? Does it make any difference? Thanks!
    Since yours already came unlocked I dont see why you would relock.it. keep it unlocked

Galaxy Nexus
    GSM Videotron
    SlimBean 4.2.2 build 2
    Kernel Franco 366

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks Feenx888!

Remove Ads

Ads