Register

Newbie to Nexus...Couple Q's

This is a discussion on Newbie to Nexus...Couple Q's within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; Newbie here and I was wondering about a couple things. 1. The stock text mess. What is a good one instead of it. I had ...

Milky Way
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Question Newbie to Nexus...Couple Q's

Newbie here and I was wondering about a couple things.

1. The stock text mess. What is a good one instead of it. I had GO on my HTC and liked it. What good messenger apps would any of you suggest?

2. The Camera well when I zoom it gets all grainy anyway to tweak that? I have camera zoom on it and the factory installed camera. Anything that will help with clarity?

3. Of course syncing facebook to it didn't work. I like having my friends pics next to their number with out having to actually take one. I also enjoyed events popping up, that doesn't seem to work. Trying to convert everyone over to google plus I don't see that happening Facebook is far to easy for them any suggestions?

I love the fact that I can take screen shots been having fun with that. Well I am just blah blah blahing. I want to learn all I can about this phone I want it to be able to get rid of my calendar I always carry with me, because my HTC sucked with reminders for up and coming appts. agendas etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    355 times
    Sure, I'll see what I can answer for you.

1) This one is easy. I use both Go SMS Pro, which you mentioned, and Handcent. They both work well on ICS and as you know have lots of cool features.

2) I don't take a lot of pictures so not sure how much help I can be here but I would just say to make sure you are using the "tap to focus" feature. Hopefully someone else will have a little bit better feedback for you here.

3) This is an issue with the Facebook app and ICS. I would suggest using Freindcaster. I use it to sync my contacts (because I too like having the contact pics) but still use the Facebook for Android app to do my other FB functions.

Hope that helps at least a little!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    Twitter
    d1l777
    1. Like JSM suggested, if you don't like the stock app try GoSMS or Handcent. I used to use GoSMS but switched back to the stock one because I like it better.

2. The grainy look you get when zooming in is because the phone is using a digital zoom instead of an optical zoom like real cameras with a lens on it does. There isn't too much you can do with it besides play with the settings until you get something you like. The tap to focus setting might help some with it.

3. Facebook and Android have had issues over the syncing for awhile now and won't allow it using just the Facebook APP. You'll need to use either FriendCaster or HaxSync, which I have heard good things about but I don't use FaceBook so I can't say anything about it.

Remove Ads

Ads