Register

(Request) GSM GN stock camera apk for 4.0.4 or 4.1

This is a discussion on (Request) GSM GN stock camera apk for 4.0.4 or 4.1 within the Galaxy Nexus General Discussion forums, part of the Galaxy Nexus Forum category; First and foremost, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, however, I'm damn near my wits end in regards to my camera situation ...

Milky Way
    Member #

(Request) GSM GN stock camera apk for 4.0.4 or 4.1

First and foremost, I apologize if this is in the wrong section, however, I'm damn near my wits end in regards to my camera situation on my device. In a nutshell, every time I go to open my camera, it FC's. I've literally tried everything from doing a battery pull to be piping my phone to installing a custom rom.. I'm actually running a fairly stock JB build right now. Words can't express how pleased I am with the JB experience, however I rely on my camera for work & I can't operate without. The only thing I've yet to try is reinstalling just the camera apk.. I haven't done so because I can't find that file. Now I know your probably thinking its a hardware issue, which it may be, but every now & then the camera app will open & work perfectly. I can't pinpoint anything that triggers the FC response or vice versa...

I really really could use all of the suggestions and help I can get.. I want to love this phone, but i can't shake the fact I paid $710.00 for a device that can't consistently perform a relatively simple function.

Please help!!! - Frustrated GN owner:/

2. # ADS
    Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    The APK isn't in /system/app on the JB ROM I'm running. Doesn't seem to be there on others' either. Not sure what's up with that. Have you tried reflashing the ROM?

Tappy-tap'd

Milky Way
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujibar View Post
    The APK isn't in /system/app on the JB ROM I'm running. Doesn't seem to be there on others' either. Not sure what's up with that. Have you tried reflashing the ROM?

Tappy-tap'd
    Well, this is the first time I've flashed the JB rom, however I didn't think it'd do a world of good because I literally wiped the stock 4.0.4 rom 13 times with no consistency in getting the camera to work. The odd thing is that the camera will work every now and then.. maybe 1 out of every 12 times I try to use it.. Sooo I really don't know if its hardware or software problem.. I'm hoping its the software because Samsung is giving me hell in regards to swapping it out. I purchased mine when it first came out, so I played $711.78 :/ ... That's just too much money to not have everything functioning correctly...
    reality is just an illusion created by the lack of drugs in alcohol

Remove Ads

Ads